ebay aquarium temp controller build - Page 142 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > ebay aquarium temp controller build

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #1411
camiller
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,901
Liked 32 Times on 32 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rudu81 View Post
Third time the charm?

I really do appreciate all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I think so. A bit curious about what your doing with two controllers like this. The way it is wired in your last diagram you will have on the first controller a set up such that when temp falls below a set point a heater will come on and when when the temp goes above the cooling set point a fan will come on. On the other side, when the temp goes above the cooling set point the compressor will come on and when the temp falls below the heating set point a fan will come on. Guess I'm trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #1412
ponso
Recipes 
 
May 2011
las vegas, nv
Posts: 1

hello, wanted to say tons of thanks! (I skipped all the threads in between)
I followed the first setup and my fridge is running smoothly. I bought a cheap plastic container from WMart $5. Also hacked an extension cord because my fridge is far from an outlet. My probe is inside a water bottle in the fridge.
If I were to do it again, I would have relocated the display on the side of the box because it is sitting on top of my fridge and it would be easier to read.
Also I would hack a power strip and installed also so that the box would also provide normal power not related to the thermo.
Click image for larger version

Name:	power.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	25579  

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #1413
rudu81
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
cleveland, ohio
Posts: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Yes, I think so. A bit curious about what your doing with two controllers like this. The way it is wired in your last diagram you will have on the first controller a set up such that when temp falls below a set point a heater will come on and when when the temp goes above the cooling set point a fan will come on. On the other side, when the temp goes above the cooling set point the compressor will come on and when the temp falls below the heating set point a fan will come on. Guess I'm trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish?
Your summary is correct. It's for a side-by-side that is in my garage. The outside temp here goes from below freezing to maybe somewhere in the 90s F, so I wanted to be able to control each side for both cooling and heating. If you want to see the build so far, I have this thread

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #1414
o4_srt
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,330
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rudu81

Your summary is correct. It's for a side-by-side that is in my garage. The outside temp here goes from below freezing to maybe somewhere in the 90s F, so I wanted to be able to control each side for both cooling and heating. If you want to see the build so far, I have this thread
Looks good to me, I'm doing the same thing with my dual zone, 25 square foot ferm chamber. Will be able to have 20 gallons fermenting at once as soon as the second controller arrives.
__________________
Facebite Brewing

Conditioning: Muddy Paw Nut Brown Ale, Jump The Fence Independence Cream Ale

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #1415
ere109
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Denver, CO
Posts: 206
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


Are there many people interested in getting in on a group buy for the 110v transformers?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #1416
RonRock
Always Ready
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
RonRock's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Underwood, Iowa
Posts: 1,264
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ere109 View Post
Are there many people interested in getting in on a group buy for the 110v transformers?

You mean the controller this thread is about? Or has there been discussion about a transformer that I have missed? I can't believe how this thread has taken off.

Anyway, if you are talking about the controller. Would there be a price that would make the controller and shipping cost effective? If so I'd be in for a couple.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 AM   #1417
Chrisl77
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 888
Liked 86 Times on 68 Posts


The transformer he is refering to is from purchasing the 220v version. To make it work with 110v you need to replace the 220v transformer with a 110v version. No need to replace the transformer if you have one that works on 110v.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #1418
barrooze
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Pearland, TX
Posts: 2,438
Liked 124 Times on 102 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ere109 View Post
Are there many people interested in getting in on a group buy for the 110v transformers?
I'd be interested. How much are they going for in bulk?
__________________
Kegged: BOSON on Rhubarb, Dry-Hopped Sour Brown (ECY01), DIPA, Funky Belgian Table Beer, Breakfast Stout Primary: CYBI Obsidian Stout clone, Citra Dust APA, Hop Dust APA Souring: None On Deck: Oktoberfest-ish Lager On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Atrial Rubicite clone (ECY20) Updated: 2016/04/09
Untappd: barrooze

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #1419
brehuh
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
brehuh's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Sacandaga Lake - Mayfield, New York
Posts: 173
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts


If you are talking about the one this thread is talking about. I would be in for one

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #1420
NickN72
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Posts: 111
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by brehuh View Post
If you are talking about the one this thread is talking about. I would be in for one
This thread is about a temp controller, not a transformer. The transformer they are talking about is the 110 transformer to put inside the 220 controller that a lot of us bought by mistake. If that's what you're looking for pm Wayne1, he was going to put together the order for the replacement transformers.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY temp controller build android DIY Projects 100 05-09-2013 01:14 PM
Control Fermentation temp with Aquarium Heater chemist308 General Techniques 20 12-15-2012 12:13 AM
question about "aquarium temperature controller" SamBrewer General Techniques 12 02-26-2011 07:30 PM
Attic Fan Temp Controller = Inexpensive Fermentation Controller???? Beernip General Techniques 5 06-16-2009 04:30 PM
Brutus Build Controller Box? gruversm Brew Stands 9 03-27-2009 03:54 AM


Forum Jump