My Man Cave/Tap Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue77

Reaction score
I have always wanted a bar. Unfortunately the house we currently live in has no basement, so a full bar was out of the question. My wife and I love our keezer but she feels bad having friends go to a dirty garage to get a beer. She let me clear out half our one car garage and turn it into a small tap room. She hung thermal curtains to separate it from the rest of the garage so it heats up quickly when its cold. Its only 10x10 but its my piece of heaven, especially since I now have two daughters.

100_0659.JPG

100_0684.JPG

100_0676.JPG

100_0683.JPG

100_0700.JPG

100_0692.JPG

100_0691.JPG

I guess I should get her a Valentine's Gift now.

Thanks for the compliments. Its a nice place to relax after work, have a beer, and read the forum or hangout when people are over. During the winter, I brew out of the garage anyway, so I'll be right on the other side of the curtain.

Cheers:mug:

My wife got them at Walmart on sale for $10 a panel.

They do a pretty good job. There is a significant temperature difference between each side of the curtain. It will get probably get better when she gets the valance along the top of the ceiling to really seal it off.

I appreciate all the kind words that people have written. I never enjoyed the busy, crowded bar scene when I was younger. I always preferred the quiet traditional places and that's what I tried to emulate with my limited budget. When I was younger I had the chance to travel to England and Scotland and, since then, I have always looked for that cozy feel that I had when I was in pubs there. I just wanted to recreate that feel a little.
Again thanks for the kind word and I thank alot of members of this forum for the ideas, knowledge, and inspiration that I have gained since I joined.

Croí follain agus gob fliuch!
"A healthy heart and a wet mouth!"

When I was younger I had the chance to travel to England and Scotland and, since then, I have always looked for that cozy feel that I had when I was in pubs there. I just wanted to recreate that feel a little.

Well, you nailed it! I love the simple shelf/table on the wall. unobtrusive and very functional.

My basement used to be done up in a 1960's mod lounge style. I got a "coffee table" top fro Ikea that was a big purple peanut and hung it off the wall like a bar. The basement has been removeled into a much more "grown up" English Library. I wish SWMBO would let me put another bar up. Maybe once I start kegging my beer.

I'm keeping your garage in my head for inspiration!

Hey guys,

I know I am resurrecting a perfectly dead thread, but I wanted to share the updated pictures of my garage tap room.

Ive added a few things over the last year, as you can see.

Mom_s_Camera_May_2011_483.jpg

Mom_s_Camera_May_2011_482.jpg

Mom_s_Camera_May_2011_480.jpg

Mom_s_Camera_May_2011_478.jpg

Thanks to all the guys that have posted their stuff on here that have given me ideas/inspiration in the last year.

Nice setup..........I have an entire basement that's going to be devoted to my man cave. Just have to get the funds together to make it a reality.

Yeah.. I never thought to check Lowe's... I'm headed to the nearest "big city" tomorrow and will check when I get up there.

And how's this for a small world... I lived in Washington Township for a couple years.. like 96-98 or so. :)

Man the new pics are amazing, the wife just said he only took up half the garage. Go Ahead lol

Alright Blue... I give it to you, that is one half bad ass brew pub.

One thing though... That is the weakest, saddest excuse for a TV I have ever seen.

Now don't get me wrong, I am completely jealous and if I were sitting there drinking your beer I would not complain a bit. But man I can see where your priorities are. Nothing wrong with that but I would have had a big TV before the brew cave.

Way to go though, that is one bad ass little tap house.

Hell with a big TV, with enough brews I don't care how big of a TV you have it will either put me to sleep or be too fuzy to watch anyways!

Give me the man cave/pub anyday of the week!

Latest posts

Back