Progress... The trunk is built, insulated, and installed. The towers are assembled, but I'm still waiting on flanges. It's tough to find 7/8" ID steel tubing in Oskaloosa IA
Maybe I'll get them started next weekend.
So! Here are some progress pics of the trunk build.
Like I said earlier in the thread, the towers are 1/2 of a Continental airplane engine. Here's the crank case, in it's final place, without the juggs...
This is the inside of one cylinder. When it's mated to the case, I have 10" of clearance for the coolant loopback.
This is the start of the coolant line assembly.
3 lessons learned:
1) I bought more tubing because I decided to make the fixed part out of copper. The heat transfer is MUCH more efficient than vinyl. Unfortunately, I bought the thin wall "Utility Grade" tubing, instead of the thicker wall stuff I built the chiller out of. It's much easier to bend, but a royal PAIN to keep from collapsing. Even with a good bender, it wanted to kink if I went past a 90 degree bend. Oh well. I had enough spare loops from when I was practicing building the turnarounds to finish the build. Buy the thicker tubing! It's harder to bend, but at least it's workable.
2) Buy a good bender! The black one (You can see it in some of the earlier pics) is the best one of the 4 I bought. I used a spring bender for tweaking.
3) Zip ties are your friend. I use them to hold things in place during assembly. Cut them off, add a tube, install another one. They are cheap and kept me from going insane when I started routing hoses.
This is with the beer lines added. The coolant hoses will attach to the ends of the copper pipe. The cylinders (towers) will drop over the loops, and the lines will attach to shanks fitted to the intake and exhaust ports.
Assembled, installed, and insulated.
The trunk comes through the top, hangs a left through the partition between the mini fridge (Which is directly under the tower) and the keezer compartment.