Hi from central IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on here for a little while now, but planning on buying all my equipment, and supplies for my first batch in the next few weeks. I'll probably buy all my equip from Friar Tuck, as it's the only place around, and get all my beer supplies via online orders.

not sure if your Near Bloomington or Peoria, but I hear the hombrew shop in Galesburg if you want to make the trip. Still haven't been there myself though.

Welcome. :mug:

The brew store in Galesburg is "Somethings Brewn". Jim and Mary are the owners as well as members of the MUGZ club in Moline/Rock Island, IL. Google the store. ;)

Where are you from in central IL?

Something's Brewing is nice. Jim is a real nice guy.

I was just at the Friar tuck in Savoy today and they actually have a good selection of hops at decent prices. Cascades were like 1.79/oz Nothing over $3/oz. Not bad for retail.

Actaually I live in Decatur, but I'm around Peoria and Bloomington quite frequently. To my knowledge Tucks is the only place in any town in central IL that sells supplies. The closest I know of otherwise is now Galesburg.

Welcome Frenchy, I live down around Bloomington and Illinois Brewing Company sells some bulk grain and has a few brew supplies but not much. I usually order from Brewmasters Warehouse on monday morning and have my order by thursday morning. :mug:

Welcome to the obsession,

+1 on the Friar Tuck in Savoy.... better homebrew selection than Bloomington or Peoria.

Thanks for the tips on Brewmasters Warehouse and Tuck in Savoy. Each of the Tucks are about equal drive time for me. I'll be sure to check out Savoy.

Where the hell is Savoy?

I live in Canton (dont hold it against me) and have been going to the Peoria Friar Tucks.

Didnt even know that Galesburg had a brewing store, defintely gonna check that out!

EDIT: Savoy is a hell of a long ways from Canton!

Latest posts

Back