Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > ????'s
Old 02-07-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default ????'s

Alright so today I brewed my AHS American IPA extract kit. I just got a new pot so I was ready to get it work. Everything went pretty okey till I dropped my spoon in the wort, I did sanitize a pair of tongs to get it out in a decent amount of time. When pouing this IPA into my carboy it foamed out like if I would have poured too much beer in a glass, is this normal? Also my gravity was high, the recipe called for 1.050-1.052 mine was 1.060, any particular reason why? My temp got a lil high on steeping got to almost 175 and I also scorched some some of the LME would this have anything to do with the OG being high? Thanks for all the replies.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

High gravity was most likely a wort not mixed well with water added after the boil...but impossible to predict. Could you post your methods and recipe?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced...

Primary: First AG Batch! - Irish Red | Bottle: Oatmeal Stout| Drinking: Nearcastle II... | Up Next: It may be time to try a lager

Old 02-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Sounds like all sorts of stuff went wrong. What's the update?