Awesome link, thanks kopyr! Going to chime in here again to update on my first attempt. It was my first time using wheat and also one of my earlier brews and ended up getting dumped. To start with, I didn't grind the wheat and so my efficiency ended up in the 20-40% range I believe. I had used Moshers recipe, where he specifies a much higher than usual OG, so this was not the worst thing that could have happened to my beer. But I did end up aging it for an extended time during which it managed to get infected. Ended up dumping the batch without even trying it
But I plan on making another attempt this summer. Have a bunch of white oak trees in MI and am a little bit more practiced in using the smoker now, and also in grinding my grains and using proper sanitation
Will definitely keep this thread updated with my attempts.