Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brewing while impaired?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Brewing while impaired?

Ok, so it has been way too long since I've brewed. I have all of these empty carboys, and a SWMBO that is out of town for 3 weeks. Sounds like the perfect opportunity, no? Well, the problem is that I fractured my shoulder while skiing a few weeks ago. So, my right, dominant arm is out of commission in terms of heavy lifting, or even lifting anything about mid-chest. It's amazing at how much I've had to adjust my actions hehe.

Anyhow, I'm sure there are other brewers out there that have tried to make the best of things and brew in the face of adversity. Anyone out there able to offer any tips to make brewday easier? I'd be opting for extract here to save some steps and cleanup. I also will probably get some apfelwein in since you don't get much easier than that.

Primary - Beer
Primary - More Beer
Secondary - Still More Beer
Kegged - Yet More Beer
Planning - A Bunch of Beer and some mead

I always forget to update this thing, so the above should in general hold true.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Invite a buddy over to help.

Das Leben is zu kurz um schiess Bier zu trinken
Old 02-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #3
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

yup, get some help.
i did my first brew alone, and first bottle day with help and plan on doing the rest of my brews and bottles with help. its nice to have a couple extra hands
Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #4

i think you could do it easily, just siphon all the liquids from container to container and make sure your fermenter is on a skateboard before you siphon your wort into it then just wheel it to wherever it needs to go.
I believe Homer Simpson said it best "Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems"

CMAC'S Brewery