Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Brewstand build, hows it look so far?

Old 01-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Sean from New Hampshire
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewstand build, hows it look so far?

Well I'm building a brew stand, to keep all my stuff together and hopefully make it easier for me to brew all grain and save me some time.

Here is a rough picture of it so far. And here is an idea sketch:

I'm on a really low budget, so some of my ideas are to save money,

1. Movable burner, with a boil kettle and a hot water tank, once I finish sparging I can move the burner to the next kettle, keeping me from buying another burner (for now).

2. I wanted the mash tun on the bottom on a pull out draw track for ease of mashing in and cleaning, but I would definitely need a pump. With it on the top I believe I can use an unmodified Sankey keg and CO2 tank to push my mash water to the mash tun. I can then in turn use gravity to separate the hot liquor.

Anyone have any advice or ideas? I believe I can modify this baker's rack to work for now, then when the money comes in I will still be able to go with adding a pump and putting the MLT on the bottom.

Sean From NH

Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Looks good! I have seen guys with the wire racks that had issues when they placed a burner on them (softening of the thinner wire)... have you done any testing on that yet. You may not have an issue, but others have so I thought it was valid.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Sean from New Hampshire
Recipes 

Yeah I'm taking that into consideration. I don't plan on resting the kegs on that shelf. I want them to be free floating above the burner on the pivot, because after time that rack will most likely melt!

Other than that I don't think the heat will matter too much anywhere else on the stand. Thanks for the kind words!