Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Sanke-Plastic/Stainless/Plastic?

Old 01-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
Mirage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sanke-Plastic/Stainless/Plastic?

Hi,

Just got a keg that has what appears to be a plastic bottom, stainless mid section and then a plastic top and handles. The spear section looks like stainless. Is this stainless all through and just has plastic coating or are the top and bottom indeed plastic and I just bought something I can't use. Thanks!

Next: Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale and Pliny the Elder Clone

Old 01-27-2010, 03:30 AM   #2
killian
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 4

the rubber is just a coating, what do you plan to use it for? If you were planning on using it as a keggle, Im sorry to tell you its not going to work. Under the rubber there is no flat spot to rest on your burner. Remove the dip tube, buy a bung and use it to ferment.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
Mirage
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ah, kk. That is kinda what we figured. Oh well, yes we were gonna use it as a BK. I don't think it is rubber though. It definitely feels like a hard plastic. Oh well, either way, fermenter it is. Thanks for the info and reply!
Next: Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale and Pliny the Elder Clone