Cincinnati downtown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semobrewer

Reaction score
Me and my wife will be in Cincinnati for a couple of days. And one of those nights we have all to our selves. We are looking for a good micro brewery or just a good place to get our drink on. :mug:

I really liked going across the bridge into KY. There are a couple of nice places there. One is the Beer Sellar- it has about 50 great beers on tap. Also, the Hofbrauhaus. Authentic German beer and food. It was a great time.

I walked over the bridge from downtown (from the Millenium). It was summer, though, and a great walk. I took a cab back since it was around 1 AM. I think a cab was about $7 or so.

Downtown, there is Rock Bottom. It was fine, but it was a typical chain.

Definitely check out the Hofbrauhaus, especially if you have never been to one before. It can get very crowded on weekend nights so go early and get a seat.

Speaking of, we're planning a family trip for the last weekend in Feb with my Bro and SIL and my parents. WE'll have a 3 year old and a 17 mo old. Any recommendations for attractions? We'll be there for a full day and staying over night.

Me and my wife will be in Cincinnati for a couple of days. And one of those nights we have all to our selves. We are looking for a good micro brewery or just a good place to get our drink on. :mug:

Well.. a couple of days gives you multiple chances.
Downtown Cinci:
Rockbottom brewery: They have 6 self brewed beers on draft plus a special. happy hour 3-6pm with a pint for $2ish and mugs 2.30. I recommend the wheat and their 'Tallstacks'. If the brewer, Mitch, is around you might be able to have a homebrew talk! Food is decent.

Not sure if Grammer's is open again: You should ask

Arnolds on 8th street: small original pub in Cinci with a bunch of beers.

If you are into cocktails there are places for that: Rightous Room on Main or Nada; or next to Fountain Square: Havana Martini Club for martinis and salsa dancing.

In clifton there is Fries a pretty cool pub with microbrews.
Check the Comet in Northside for its specials (the have Bells Hopslam!)

You should get a ride to Hydepark and hit Arthur's for burgers and drafts!

There are a bunch of underground style places in Over the Rhine

Well... there is Kentucky across the river with some pubs and tons of people... There is the Hofbrauhaus: Being from Germany, I can say that their beer is ok, the food is good but very pricy, and you should go there in the afternoon. In the evening you will only see drunk folks dancing on the tables thinking this would be german 'gemuetlichkeit'.

ugh... i need a beer!

Prost!

There's a little German village called "Mainstrauss" which, correct me if I'm wrong, is in the same basic area that the Hofbrauhaus is located.

Anyways there's a pretty nice English pub called the Cock & Bull that sits on the corner of main street (601 Main Street in Covington) that has a good beer selection and also Cincinnati's best fish & chips.

Very Nice!

Back