Some help Plz - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Some help Plz

Old 11-04-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
Jul 2006

Ok my beer has been in the glass carboy when i racked to 2ed it started to bubble over the top 4 days it was back to normal but 2 weeks have gone by and the air locks still bubble slowy 1's a min.

im thinking of bottleing it but i dont know if i shoud it was at gr 1.014 a week ago ...

Shoud i bottle it ...It look clear kinda dark beer so hard to tell and its got a little fome like a little with some bubbles comeing to the serfec...

Old 11-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
Aug 2006
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Sounds unusual after two weeks in secondary to still be bubbling once per minute.

What type beer, ale or lager, what yeast did you use, what temp did you ferment at, and how long was it in primary?

Old 11-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
Mar 2006
Columbus OH
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

Racking to secondary often gets the yeast back in suspension and can cause 'another' fermentation cycle. That's mostly normal. Don't bottle until it is bubbling about 1 bubble per 90 sec or more. Yes, I believe that's the general concensous.

I just re-read your post: If you can SEE the tiny bubbles through the carboy walls, definatly do not bottle just yet. Give it another week and be careful to not siphon the trub off the bottom since you will most likely have a good bit from the second active fermentation.
Every little thing is gonna be alright.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
Jan 2006
Lancaster County, Pa.
Liked 238 Times on 106 Posts

Take a couple more hydro readings a few days apart and wait til it dosen't change.
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!