Kegging in Commercial Kegs - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegging in Commercial Kegs

Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
blisterman
Recipes 

Aug 2008

A friend of mine, who owns a bar has given me some old kegs he had lying about the celler. All 4 different types

A Sankey Keg
A Grundy Keg
A Type Keg
and
U type Keg.

Is it possible to keg homebrew in these sort of kegs? I can only find instructions for Corny kegs. How do you get the beer into them?

Old 01-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
philrose
Recipes 

Jul 2008
Seattle, WA
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

You just need to get familiar with the ring that keeps the sankey spear an ball in place. Most people who use sankeys replace it with one that's a little easier to manage.

Wortmongers sankey threads are good sources for info.

As for the others, your guess is as good as mine.
Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Old 01-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
blisterman
Recipes 

Aug 2008

I should probably mention that it's the European Type S Sanky keg. I found a guide to removing the US type, but the european ones have a flat piece instead of the ball.