Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Beer sitting on the trub
Old 01-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
You're reading out dated material pretty

Believe me, after three years of doing the long primary/ no secondary I find no need to go back to doing it any other way. The quality of my beers has upped 10 ten fold.

As have my scores in contests.
Thanks man I feel much better now. Can't wait to try the Octoberfest this weekend

Old 01-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #12
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Liked 2910 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 3534

Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
I don't filter at all. Hop particles make it into my primary. I find that you are exactly right, but that a secondary still cuts the sediment in half.

It's not that I want a beer with no sediment, it is easily left in the bottle, but it is just the process I use.
I don't filter at all, sometimes even dumping my entire kettle contacts into the bucket, and half the time I forget to add finnings like moss in my boil. It;s not complicated, I leave my beer alone for 1 month. Then rack to a bottling bucket and bottle. and I've never even cold crashed I don't have a sediment issue whatsoever. Maybe ymmv, but I have had no problems with leavin gmy beer in primary and having them come out crystal clear and very bright tasting after a month.
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew
Old 01-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

My findings are similar to Revvy. I always leave my beer in primary for 4-6 weeks. No trub in the bottle issues either. One of the best moves I've made next to late addition of malt and other fermentables to the boil. These 2 things have increased my quality 100 fold really.