Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Steeping grains

Old 11-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #11
Focus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillride17
... have some Black Patent, Chocolate, Special B, CaraRed, Crystal 40, and crystal 15 on order along with 25lbs of LME and 6lbs of WME and a bunch of hops/yeast. What grains do I need to crush? ...

-Ryan
I have a question for you, Ryan: Where'd you get 25 lb of LME and how much did you pay for it? Since I've gone to 12-14 gal batches, I'm thinking about starting to buy my LME/DME in bulk and just measure and add it as I see fit rather than out of the 3.3 or 6 lb jugs most HBS sell.

Also, what's WME. I thought I was full up on the lingo, but I can't figure that one out.

Later,
Focus

Old 11-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #12
rwillride17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus
I have a question for you, Ryan: Where'd you get 25 lb of LME and how much did you pay for it? Since I've gone to 12-14 gal batches, I'm thinking about starting to buy my LME/DME in bulk and just measure and add it as I see fit rather than out of the 3.3 or 6 lb jugs most HBS sell.

Also, what's WME. I thought I was full up on the lingo, but I can't figure that one out.

Later,
Focus
Well, I bought the ultra light liquid malt extract from morebeer.com. It was $49 for 25lbs and morebeer has free shipping (over $59). As for the "WME" I don't know if it's a real term, but I was referring to Wheat Malt extract fror the Dunkleweizen I'll be brewing shortly.