naming beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david83

Reaction score
so i didnt buy a kit,rather the ingrediants to make a belgian blonde ale with a hint of bitter orange peel.so does this officially mean i can make up a cool name for this beer ive got fermenting in primary now?

You can call your beer whatever you want.

When I first started I did that, but now I just call it what it is. IPA, Porter, etc...

I like to let them name themselves. Whether it comes from the brew process or something else I just roll with it. For example, I made an IPA and the grommet fell in when putting the airlock in so it is Lost Grommet IPA. Good luck with it.

I like to name my beers so I can remember want they were made with for example:

Summer Skiing Blonde - was made with Mt. Hood hops and if you remember the commercial from the 80's for Old Milwaukee Beer - Mt. Hood means summer skiing and Milwaukee means beer..........

Munich ESB was made with some munich malt......

I've been stumped with coming up with good beer names, so I created a tool to do it for me. I launched it online two weeks ago to share it -- http://www.beernamer.com. If you check it out, please let me know what you think. The more feedback I get, the better I can make it.
Cheers,
Warren

Back