American IPA Stone Ruination Clone - Page 23 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > American IPA Stone Ruination Clone

Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #221
CastleBlack
Recipes 

Dec 2011
DALE CITY, Virginia
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpybumpy View Post
Actually, it's almost been 2 months in the bottle now! Going to try it this afternoon
Its probably worth the wait with the bigger brews but let us know how it has improved. Perhaps I too give it some extra time in the bottle if you notice much improvement.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #222
the7yearplan
Recipes 

Jan 2012
sacramento, California
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bottled my extract version yesterday and it tasted great. It's not quite Ruination but it's close. My version is maltier and darker in color but the bitterness and hop profile is very close. We'll see how it tastes after it has been bottle conditioned.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #223
Frankiesurf
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2011
Medford, NY
Liked 37 Times on 20 Posts

Just did my first of two FG readings on the extract version. If it is done fermenting then I am just .09 away from the Stone Ruination ABV.

It is not dry hopped yet but it is absolutely delicious. I could drink this right out of the FV as it is now.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #224
CastleBlack
Recipes 

Dec 2011
DALE CITY, Virginia
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
Just did my first of two FG readings on the extract version. If it is done fermenting then I am just .09 away from the Stone Ruination ABV.

It is not dry hopped yet but it is absolutely delicious. I could drink this right out of the FV as it is now.
0.09%? thats pretty damn accurate. Mine is still in primary but cant wait to rack and dry hop the mother out of it.

Good luck with your clone and Happy Brewing!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #225
masampson
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Wells, Maine

Totally newb style, but since i'm a huge ruination fan i had to try this recipe out 4 days ago. I'm happy any time my apartment smells like centennials. ANYWAY, my OG only got a reading of 1.055, but she's been bubbling nicely so i hope i can still get a tasty (yet sadly lower in abv) beer out of this!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:37 AM   #226
CastleBlack
Recipes 

Dec 2011
DALE CITY, Virginia
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masampson View Post
Totally newb style, but since i'm a huge ruination fan i had to try this recipe out 4 days ago. I'm happy any time my apartment smells like centennials. ANYWAY, my OG only got a reading of 1.055, but she's been bubbling nicely so i hope i can still get a tasty (yet sadly lower in abv) beer out of this!
Its not always about the ABV mate, so dont worry about that. However, in a brew this hoppy you need that extra kick to balance out the hops. That said it may still come out just fine.

Good luck with your brew and Happy Brewing.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #227
letmeholleratya
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This beer turned out fantastic - a friend who also brews said it was one of the tastiest beers he's ever had!

Yooper, i know it's a lot to ask, but do you havd any kind of suggestion for making a similar beer, but almost like a session version? I love ruination, but would like a lower abv one that lets me drink multiple pints without falling over

Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #228
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8028 Times on 5608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmeholleratya View Post
This beer turned out fantastic - a friend who also brews said it was one of the tastiest beers he's ever had!

Yooper, i know it's a lot to ask, but do you havd any kind of suggestion for making a similar beer, but almost like a session version? I love ruination, but would like a lower abv one that lets me drink multiple pints without falling over
I'm always working on a good session recipe, but I haven't really found one that can give me all the flavor without losing the great balance.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #229
letmeholleratya
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Seems like the holy grail for hop bombs

Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #230
CastleBlack
Recipes 

Dec 2011
DALE CITY, Virginia
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Racking it tomorrow!

Considering a 3 week secondary. Wont add Centennials till the last 10 days though. Cant wait to bottle, condition and SAMPLE!

Happy brewing everybody!