HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - This is it - Final Weekend to Enter!

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off - Final Weekend!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Flavorings site

Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
BaronIV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Flavorings site

So on my quest to find butter rum extract i came across a site that has a ton of different flavorings that could be used in cider making. Some of the flavorings have oil in them and are insoluble in water (click "item details" to check), but a good number of them are alcohol based and should work well. I just put in my order from them today, so i cant vouch for the quality, but according to the site the flavorings are 3-4 times stronger than normal extracts.

I thought that other homebrewers would like to check it out, and possibly save the trouble of brewing with actual fruit.

Once i recieve my order i'll comment back in this thread as to the quality of the flavors. (i ordered caramel, buttered rum, and raspberry)

Here is the site: https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super...andy-oils.aspx

Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow, alcohol based chocolate flavor. I like that idea better than using cocoa powder. I will keep that in mind if I ever do a chocolate porter or something like that.

ooh, chocolate hazelnut too, and pumpkin, although I can't tell if the pumpkin is water (beer) soluble.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
BaronIV
Recipes 

got these in the mail today. The butter rum flavor smelled up my entire kitchen when i got a tiny little drop on my finger. The raspberry wasn't quite as potent, but has the smell of a sweeter, but not candy like raspberry smell. The caramel... i opened up first and stuck my nose right up to the bottle... damn near knocked me on my a$$. These are some really strong flavorings! I have a feeling I will be ordering from them again to make some experimental batches in the near future.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
CormanoWild
Recipes 

You can also make your own flavor extracts, if you're so inclined. It won't be super-concentrated like this, but it does allow for easy experimenting - you can even make a 5-gallon batch of normal, "neutral" Apelfwein, and experiment bottle-by-bottle once they've conditioned, right before drinking. It's fun!
All you need is a resealable bottle - I use Mickey's grenades, http://www.barefootproximity.com/ima...me/mickeys.jpg - and rum/vodka, or even better, Everclear/Grain alcohol. Fill the bottle about halfway with what you want (so far I've only tried spices), and then add the rest vodka/Everclear. I'm interested in trying this soon with baker's chocolate, coffee beans, bananas and perhaps even powered peanut butter. I'll let you know how it goes!