Labeling adhesive

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmenges

Reaction score
I'm new to the hobby and I'm going to put some fancy labels on my first brew. Based on what I've read I can use milk as an adhesive.

My question is this. I was going to use regular paper to print the labels. My concern is that when I use milk the ink on the labels will run. What is the best paper/adhesive combination to keep the labels looking nice?

I use regular 'ol printer paper (recycled, of course) and a glue stick. Low tech, works great, comes off easy in a soak.

Milk + laser printer= easy labels. If you use an inkjet printer they will run but not with a laser.

Milk works incredibly well, but you must use a laser printer instead of inkjet. If you do not have a laserjet, just print one sheet on the inkjet and then go to Kinko's and get a few color copies made and use those.

Milk works incredibly well, but you must use a laser printer instead of inkjet. If you do not have a laserjet, just print one sheet on the inkjet and then go to Kinko's and get a few color copies made and use those.

Kinkos should be able to print your document instead of copying it... as it will lose quality... you can make it a PDF - there are several FREE PDF makers on the net. (PrimoPDF is nice)

Grimster - I have used the Avery ones similar - 5164 - work great until you have to get them off the bottle - if you buy new bottles everytime you brew then go for it - otherwise I'd go an alternative method - I think this round I'm going to laser print/glue on so I stop driving up the cost of my homebrew with new bottle purchases

Haha so they stick THAT good eh? Might use them just on brews I know won't be "recycled" for a while. I'm due a new printer anyway and a color laser is something I've wanted for years.

Back