Blueberry Pomegranate Apfelwine/cider
5 Gallons Kroger Natural 100% Applejuice
2 Pounds Corn Sugar
2 Cans Old Orchard Blueberry Pomegranate Frozen Concentrate(Not needed until after 3 weeks)
1 Package Wyeast 4766 Cider Yeast XL Smack Pack
1) Sanitize everything.
2) Open one gallon bottle of apple juice and pour half of it into the carboy.
3) Add 1 lb of corn sugar into the now half full bottle of apple juice. Shake well.
4) Open another one gallon bottle of apple juice and pour half of it into the carboy.
5) Add 1 lb of corn sugar into the second half full bottle of apple juice. Shake well.
6) Pour in the mixture of Apple Juice and Sugar from both bottles into the carboy.
7) Add all of the remaining 3 gallons of apple juice to the carboy.
8) Pitch the yeast.
10) Put your stopper or carboy cap on with an airlock and fill the airlock with water.
11) After you've put on the airlock, then put the carboy in a dark corner at about 68 degrees.
12) Leave it alone for about 3 weeks.
13) Thaw out the two cans of frozen concentrate in a sink of warm water.
14) Pour the two cans of now liquid concentrate into a second carboy.
15) Rack the wine/cider into the second carboy onto the liquid concentrate.
16) Let sit another week before bottling.
This fermented out at right around 10% ABV, and goes down WAY to easy!
This is by far my favorite wine/cider I've ever had.
It doesn't bite, has good clarity, and has a great aftertaste!
Oh, and it only costs ~$1.25 a bottle!!
I'll post a picture later today.