Pomegranate juice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CandleWineProject

Reaction score
What is a good source for pomegranate juice for wine? My husband loves pomegranates and wants me to make a wine, but I don't want to mess with crushing them. Pom juice is okay, but seems a little off. Could be because it is made from concentrate. I recently bought "Just Pomegranate", which is from juice, water, and concentrate, but it stank. They used overripe pomegranates, and it was awful and was worse than Pom.

Trader Joes has some juice. Also middle eastern grocery stores will usually have several brands of juice.

Trader Joes has some juice. Also middle eastern grocery stores will usually have several brands of juice.

Have you had any to know that they are any good? I work with databases, and so if the database is horrible, then the resulting actions on it will produce horrible results. Trash in, trash out, they call it, and I don't want to have that happen with my wine. That "Just Pomegranate" stuff was just surprisingly awful.

Back