Bellsouth DSL Rant - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Bellsouth DSL Rant

Old 01-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #41
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san
We need a "rant" forum...RANT ARGH! RANT
We need a Political forum too! We have a secret one, why can't we have a no-hands barred forum? We're all, OK, most of us are, grown-ups and we (kinda) respect each other pretty much (unless you're a certain Marine... ).

End of rant...I know kinda pansy-like, huh?

Old 01-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #42
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Incidentally, where the hell has Walker been? He's not going El P on us, is he? Did Bellsouth find this rant and kill his internet access?

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 01-04-2007, 10:16 PM   #43
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Liked 116 Times on 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
US is so far behind in broadband that it's pathetic. S. Korea, Japan, and China already dominate in the BB market.
Thanks for the feedback cheese; with that knowledge I choose to move to Japan for the fresh sushi.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #44
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
We need a Political forum too! We have a secret one, why can't we have a no-hands barred forum? We're all, OK, most of us are, grown-ups and we (kinda) respect each other pretty much (unless you're a certain Marine... ).

End of rant...I know kinda pansy-like, huh?
we all seem to be friends, lets not ruin it. if Brett Favre can start problems then politics would really get people mad. I'd be all for it but I now what would happen.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #45
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertBrew
<bump>

Anyone seeing those Jack My Price Up cable commercials? Yea, new year & another higher Comcast cable rate. I need to consolidate and upgrade. Right now I get analog basic extended channels with Comcast & DSL and local phone service through Qwest. I got static IP that I can use ( Walker) but am sick of servers in the house and am going to hosting services from now on. So; today I pay:

$88 a month DSL + local phone service.
$54 a month for analog basic extended cable.

That's $142 for older crap. I can get bundle deals from both providers but I'm a bit confused when you get into the digital realm of either cable or DirecTV (offered thru Qwest phone).

Do both tv providers require that a receiver is at every TV? I thought I heard not required for digital cable if you didn't want to do on demand etc.

It looks like a full qwest phone/internet/tv package is cheaper but I'm not so sure yet. I don't have an HDTV yet but plan to in the coming months. So now I also read on DirectTV that you have to pay up to get a HD receiver to get high def? Is that the same with cable?

And if all things being equal price wise which would you prefer for the tv feed?
What a friggen game and I have a feeling my questions aren't done yet.
I had analog Comcast too. For $1 more per month, they gave me a digital cable box with the same cable package. Now I have On Demand and lots of free movies like Young Frankenstein.

Verizon's FiOS should be here soon so things may get interesting....

Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #46
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN

Why do I have this wierd feeling my questions are getting buried really fast .

Oops, got a response. Let me read...

Old 01-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #47
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_k
I had analog Comcast too. For $1 more per month, they gave me a digital cable box with the same cable package. Now I have On Demand and lots of free movies like Young Frankenstein.

Verizon's FiOS should be here soon so things may get interesting....
So is the HD feed part of it with comcast or does that take something extra like it seems with DirectTV?

PS - as for broadband rants, I really don't care too much about that since my company pays me for that, but if I can reduce everything else at their expense...

Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #48
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertBrew
So is the HD feed part of it with comcast or does that take something extra like it seems with DirectTV?

PS - as for broadband rants, I really don't care too much about that since my company pays me for that, but if I can reduce everything else at their expense...
I dunno, I don't have and HD tv. I believe they offer some shows and networks in HD like Sportscenter or MNF but if you want all HD channels you have to order an additional package.