Bellsouth DSL Rant - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Bellsouth DSL Rant

Old 10-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #11
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

Better screenshot the FAQ page before the legal goons memory hole it.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 10-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #12
Walker
I use secondaries. :p

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
Better screenshot the FAQ page before the legal goons memory hole it.
I did that last night, actually...

Old 10-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #13
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san
Man... nobody respects the BBB anymore.

I've got them talked down to matching my residential rate now. Their catch was that I have to sign a contract stating that I agree to keep a phone line (phone... not DSL) with them for 3 years.

No problem.... I'm not going anywhere.

I WIN!
I WIN!
You think you might want to convert to a VOIP service at some point during that time, though? Three years is a LONG time.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 10-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #14
Walker
I use secondaries. :p

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
You think you might want to convert to a VOIP service at some point during that time, though? Three years is a LONG time.
My phone service is local only. I use my cell for long distance and most local calls, too. (lots of free minutes.)

Speaking of cell phones, since I am now A Business Customer with bellsouth, I get a 10% discount on my Cingular service. I also get a free domain name, webhosting space, sameday repair sergive and other goodies.

So.... I'm actually getting MORE than I was asking for, and I am SAVING $5/month!

I f*cking rule!

Old 10-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #15
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

I know, I know. But if you told them your next call was to the FTC, they may have crapped themselves. You didn't need it anyway.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:51 PM   #16
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
I made the mistake of trying voip with comcast - HUGE mistake. They totally f'd up my wiring and I had to change back after numerous problems.

It ended up leading to more and more issues on their end and EVEN after I returned all the equipment, they STILL tried to charge me for a couple of months.

They actually tried to tell me I owed them because, even though I returned the equipment and had them switch the service back over, I didn't call their cancellation department.

I told them that if I have to call the cancellation department, I'd be adding my digital cable and high speed internet to the list. They quickly changed their minds about what I owed.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #17
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Some of my wife's friends *love* their Vonage services, but persoanlly I wouldn't trust them. They're going to burn through all their cash and be out of business with a few years, methinks. I've though about making a switch once VOIP is available through Time Warner (not yet in our area), it'd be nice to get everything consolidated. Cingular for cell, Verizon for regular phone and DSL, Time Warner for cable; PITA.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 10-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #18
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

I thought about consolidating my home phone into my Comcast tv and cable modem but with all the problems I had last summer, I didn't want to risk not having all 3 out at the same time. Maybe after I move I'll change over since it would be cheaper for the 1st year.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #19
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

I currently have DirecTV because of the NFL monopoly.
I want to get DirecTV's Hi-def service, but the only way to get a good deal (it seems) is to switch to COX cable for awhile and then switch back.

They give all kinds of stuff away for new customers.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 10-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #20
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
I want to get DirecTV's Hidef service, buit the only way to get a good deal (it seems) is to switch to COX cable for awhile and then switch back.

They give all kinds of stuff away for new customers.
Call and say you want to cancel. Find the best offers you can and let them know that is the reason for you leaving. They will most likely match.

I got hi-def channels and a high-def box with a DVR for free using that method. The only thing is that they MIGHT call your bluff - but they almost always try to keep you as a customer.

Oh, and I got all that stuff for free about 8 hours after trying to add the services through the sales department. They wanted to change all kinds of stuff - my premium package, box and wanted a service guy to come out at my expense.

Funny, the cancellation people saw it differently.

I don't think I'll ever add another option without talking to the cancel department first.