Autumn Seasonal Beer Joie De Vivre (Fake Imperial Pumpkin) - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Autumn Seasonal Beer Joie De Vivre (Fake Imperial Pumpkin)

Old 09-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #21
CrAzYmOuSe
Recipes 

Jan 2010
6degreescoolerthanhell
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I brewed it and cut the spices 75%, still seemed fine. The beer did change a little but I am hoping that it clears up during fermentation.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
raveskdr
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Arlington, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaso View Post
Brewed this with the spices cut 25%. Added cinnamon at 10'. Beer turned into slime. Has anyone else experienced this? Ive been reading that boiling ground cinnamon causes a gelling effect.
I am going to order the ingredients for this soon. Anyone else have this problem (with the gelatin goo)? I am just going to add the spices at the end of the boil after I measure the OG, I don't want to overspice this thing.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #23
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7016 Times on 4153 Posts

I've made twice. No spice goo. I add spices to a hanging hop bag, but I doubt that keeps them out of the wort.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 AM   #24
kkocher13
Recipes 

Jun 2009
PA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was thinking about subbing Maris otter in for the pilsner. How do you think it would work out?

Old 09-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #25
passedpawn
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkocher13 View Post
I was thinking about subbing Maris otter in for the pilsner. How do you think it would work out?
Great. I probably would have done that but I didn't have MO at the time.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #26
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Asheville, North Carolina
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts

This sounds awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Session IPA | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP510 and strawberries | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP002 and dry hops

Old 11-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #27
passedpawn
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookeiv View Post
This sounds awesome!
The sound was only ok. The taste was fantastic.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #28
CrAzYmOuSe
Recipes 

Jan 2010
6degreescoolerthanhell
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Brewed this 3 months ago and I think it will be my first dumper. It is like syrup and undrinkable. I read another post about boiling cinnamon being the problem, any ideas? I even cut the spices by 75% still way too much in there. I'm gonna keep a few to try down the road but I don't have much hope. What could I have done?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #29
SwampassJ

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Liked 39 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYmOuSe View Post
Brewed this 3 months ago and I think it will be my first dumper. It is like syrup and undrinkable. I read another post about boiling cinnamon being the problem, any ideas? I even cut the spices by 75% still way too much in there. I'm gonna keep a few to try down the road but I don't have much hope. What could I have done?
I popped one into the fridge (brewed months ago) and it turned into opaque syrupy jelly. I took it out of the fridge and held it up to the light and I could of sworn it was my stout, I couldn't even see light through the neck. When it warmed up to room temp it went back to liquid form, but who wants warm beer?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #30
PolarisSnT
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Staten Island
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just finished brewing this beer.

Has a great taste going into the carboy, very much like pumpkin pie.

Forgot to mention that I added 36 ounces (I made a 2.5 gallon batch) of canned pumpkin to the mash. The air smelled of pumpkin pie during the brew session. I eagerly await the day I can drink this.