Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Lambrusco

Old 12-28-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
lynwitte
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Lambrusco

My wife finally found a red wine she liked it was the Lambrusco from Olive Garden. (its sweet) However I can not find a Lambrusco kit. If anyone knows where I can buy the kit or knows of another "like" Lambrusco sweet red wine I can get please help.

Thanks Lyn

Old 12-28-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

It seems it's really hard to find Lambrusco kits....funny becasue that too was my first intro to wines a million years ago...I think I found you ONE kit; here;

http://www.highgravitybrew.com/Produ...idproduct=2591

Good luck!

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
vvolf27
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

http://www.finevinewines.com/Product_Match.asp

If it doesn't bring up the kits, go to www.finevinewines.com

then click on line catalog and do a search for Lambrusco, they have 4 different kits.

GL

Old 02-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
msherretz
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The Mosti Mondiale Lambrusco "All Juice Kit" was selected as one of the 100 best for 2011 by WineMaker magazine. Try searching for it on the internet. Apparently this Italian company is having problems working with Americans since I noticed several wine supply stores are discontinuing their line wit a comment about criminal pricing tactics. I have found prices between $100 and $160 for thir 6 gallon juice kits. I think these are also just juice and nothing else, so the vinter has to guess how to make from fresh juice.

I am also looking for a good Lambrusco kit.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
richdpet
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lambrusco

Found this site for Lambrusco concentrate or kit. Good price too.
http://www.eckraus.com/shoponline.html
I had to type Lambrusco in search but came right up. It is an American grown but is still a Lambrusco grape.
Only part I have not figured out is how to get the slight bubble when bottling ANY THOUGHTS

Old 07-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
guscampag
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I make this regularly. My daughter-in-law really likes it. She usually drinks the Riunite Lambrusco. I really think it is not bad, and it sure doesn't set me back much dough at all. It is a concentrate and the half-gallon makes 5 gallons of wine. You can adjust the sweetness by how much sugar you add, especially if you use something other than champagne yeast. Or yu can use the champagne yeast and it will go good and dry and you can backsweeten. They only charge actual cost of shipping, which isn't much since it's only a half-gallon:

http://www.homewinery.com/cgi-bin/concen.cgi

Good Luck!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
JimBrewer
Recipes 

I thought lambrusco was beer? Or is that lambic? Either way I was wondering what the difference between lambrusco and normal wine is? I have a regular wine making kit, and was wondering what adjustments I would need to make in order to produce lambrusco?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #8
Honda88
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 54

the slight bubble??? you leave headspace in the bottle when you cork, then when you set them on their side there is a bubble in the bottle......I usually leave about a half a corks length of air in my bottles..if you fill them up all the way you will have a mess.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:25 AM   #9
bigbeergeek
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda88 View Post
the slight bubble???
Lambrusco is a slightly sparkling chilled red wine.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #10
mcbethenstein
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This is my favorite too! I made yooper's grape juice concentrate red "hooch style" wine, and my yeast pooped out early. It's sitting at 1.027 on some oak chips... My plan is to transfer to keg, then carbonate and bottle from keg into beer bottles. I don't want to risk losing too much carbonation by bottling in too large of bottles and not drinking fast enough. The sample so far is very promising. At $15 for 3 gallons, you really can't beat it!