Beer Farts - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Beer Farts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
mishi
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Lynchburg,Va
Posts: 10


My wife gets angry at my beer farts. I can't help it at all. I rip some ultimate nast but I think they are funny as hell. Anyways is it just me or does beer make the majority sing out? If so what beer is the worst?( not in tase or enjoyment, but in rank gas.) Thanks in advance

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,921
Liked 3198 Times on 1886 Posts


How long have you been drinking homebrew? If I recall correctly it took my gut about a year or year and a half before it acclimated to all the living yeast I was consuming. Now very rarely do I get the toots from homebrew, or bottle conditioned beers.
__________________
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
mishi
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Lynchburg,Va
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
How long have you been drinking homebrew? If I recall correctly it took my gut about a year or year and a half before it acclimated to all the living yeast I was consuming. Now very rarely do I get the toots from homebrew, or bottle conditioned beers.
To tell you the truth my first home brew is in the second ferm and I never have tried one but I drink Sam Adams Boston Lager and I drank New Castle before. But all beer has a similar effect on me.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,921
Liked 3198 Times on 1886 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mishi View Post
To tell you the truth my first home brew is in the second ferm and I never have tried one but I drink Sam Adams Boston Lager and I drank New Castle before. But all beer has a similar effect on me.
hmmm... I don't think either of those are bottle conditioned, i.e, living beers. BUT once your gut gets aclimated to yeastfarts you may never have that problem again..
__________________
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
beerthirty
big beers turn my gears
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
beerthirty's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2008
Podunk, VA. Not far from the NC line.
Posts: 2,589
Liked 33 Times on 14 Posts


Of course you may be sleeping alone untill then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
"I've got a fever... and the only prescription is, MORE CARBOYS!"
primary- Tangerine Dream, SWMBO slayer,
serving- amber ale hop experiment #6, Roggenbier, apfelwine
planning- Cru?
conditioning- 9/9/09 barleywine
Drink water?... Never, fish fornicate in it.--- W.C. Fields
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of force.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
the_Roqk
 
the_Roqk's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2007
Central Florida
Posts: 941
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


You need to tell her that farting is a "man" thing, and that she needs to get used to it. Most women will accept it as a normal bodily function providing that they have a father figure that they can relate to on this subject. However I have found something that may be of some help. Here are couple of links that can help:

http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

http://www.askmen.com/sports/health/38_mens_health.html

If these don't help then buddy you are on your own. She atleast needs a lesson in proper body functions. BTW yeasty homebrew will make you a flatulence one. It's only normal when consuming living organisms.

Cheers and Prosts! RDWHAHB!


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #7
mishi
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Lynchburg,Va
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Roqk View Post
You need to tell her that farting is a "man" thing, and that she needs to get used to it. Most women will accept it as a normal bodily function providing that they have a father figure that they can relate to on this subject. However I have found something that may be of some help. Here are couple of links that can help:

http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

http://www.askmen.com/sports/health/38_mens_health.html

If these don't help then buddy you are on your own. She atleast needs a lesson in proper body functions. BTW yeasty homebrew will make you a flatulence one. It's only normal when consuming living organisms.

Cheers and Prosts! RDWHAHB!
Awesome links! She doesn't get mad about the farts but at the foul hang time. I told her she should be grateful I don't give her a dutch oven.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #8
the_Roqk
 
the_Roqk's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2007
Central Florida
Posts: 941
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mishi View Post
Awesome links! She doesn't get mad about the farts but at the foul hang time. I told her she should be grateful I don't give her a dutch oven.
That's funny! It reminds me of my previous marriage partner. She "LOVED" the dutch oven method, and she would laugh her ass off when she had the right combo for flatulence. She was SO beautiful, but..... Nasty. God, I loved that woman.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:50 AM   #9
Dalarast
 
Dalarast's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Virginia beach
Posts: 416
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Remember when walking to your spot in on the couch in front of the wife is always the best time to let one rip..... but not always the smartest move either...

I find that the more often I fart means the less head I get... so I limit my farts to at work for punishment for my guys not doing the right thing....
__________________
No Waves Brewery

Bizzam Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #10
dontman
 
dontman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Philly, PA
Posts: 2,402
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts


Aw man, if you haven't even started drinking bottle conditioned beer yet just wait until those yeast farts start kicking in. They are bad enough to make dogs leave the room. They do clear up once your system adjusts but from the sound of it your wife will be living in the next state by then.
__________________
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.


 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beer Farts !! sambo Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 19 08-09-2010 06:57 PM
No More Rhino Farts! mmc1 Cider Forum 11 05-11-2009 09:55 PM
Beer farts ? ipbr21054 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 17 03-30-2009 07:50 PM
Beer Smells Like Farts dwerling Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 4 01-15-2009 03:06 AM
AG vs Extract: Less Farts? Cheesefood All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 21 06-06-2007 04:02 PM


Forum Jump