Snow!!! - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Snow!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #21
ak40kush
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Canada
Posts: 102

I think your considering the snow to be a bad thing. Im in Canada, no escape for me from the white hell lol. The one good thing i can say about a canadian winter is a 'canadian beer fridge' your beer will stay nice and cold outside no matter how long it takes to drink it. also Hitting the BBQ is awesome in the winter set your beer in the snow and to keep yourself warm stay close to the BBQ.

cheers and beers guys!
__________________
Punk Rock Brewer

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #22
springer
 
springer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Wappingers falls NY
Posts: 4,743
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Depends on who you ask. Joe Biden will tell you


yes but they stayed in the Union during the civil war
__________________
'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
claphamsa's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
TK PK
Posts: 4,980
Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts


so did MD.....
__________________
I collect magnetic bottle openers... so if you see something nice......

claphamsa on untappd

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #24
springer
 
springer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Wappingers falls NY
Posts: 4,743
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ak40kush View Post
I think your considering the snow to be a bad thing. Im in Canada, no escape for me from the white hell lol. The one good thing i can say about a canadian winter is a 'canadian beer fridge' your beer will stay nice and cold outside no matter how long it takes to drink it. also Hitting the BBQ is awesome in the winter set your beer in the snow and to keep yourself warm stay close to the BBQ.

cheers and beers guys!
I like snow as long as I am inside my 74 house looking at it
__________________
'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #25
david_42
 
david_42's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Posts: 25,597
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts


Ha! The weather-guessers were threatening snow next week, now it's sunshine. No telling what it will be tomorrow. I thought the weather in Ithaca, NY changed fast!
__________________
Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #26
MrWednesday
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Dundalk, MD
Posts: 30

There was actually a lot of popular support for succession in Maryland. The state song was originally written as a rallying cry for Maryland to rise up with the rest of the south. The governor of Maryland actually authorized the destruction of several bridges and railroads to slow union soldiers making its way into the state. The Union put a garrison on Federal Hill with orders to pound the rest of the city into submission in the event of an uprising.

That said, Maryland also was one of the states with the largest population of freed slaves. There was a very large abolitionist sentiment among Marylanders. I'm not sure it was as big as a 50/50 split, but it caused a lot of tension in the state. At the time, Maryland was going through its own "identity crisis" that mirrored the rest of the nation's.

But can a geographic location be tied to an ideology relating to a matter that was settled 145 years ago?

tl;dr, it's snowing! Wooo beer!
__________________
Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Current projects: JAOM, Cyser, Imperial Stout
Bottled: Nigorizake, Mead, Apfelwein

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #27
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
claphamsa's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
TK PK
Posts: 4,980
Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWednesday View Post
There was actually a lot of popular support for succession in Maryland. The state song was originally written as a rallying cry for Maryland to rise up with the rest of the south. The governor of Maryland actually authorized the destruction of several bridges and railroads to slow union soldiers making its way into the state. The Union put a garrison on Federal Hill with orders to pound the rest of the city into submission in the event of an uprising.

That said, Maryland also was one of the states with the largest population of freed slaves. There was a very large abolitionist sentiment among Marylanders. I'm not sure it was as big as a 50/50 split, but it caused a lot of tension in the state. At the time, Maryland was going through its own "identity crisis" that mirrored the rest of the nation's.

But can a geographic location be tied to an ideology relating to a matter that was settled 145 years ago?

tl;dr, it's snowing! Wooo beer!
all that matters is MD brewing is the BESTEST!
__________________
I collect magnetic bottle openers... so if you see something nice......

claphamsa on untappd

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #28
MrWednesday
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Dundalk, MD
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
all that matters is MD brewing is the BESTEST!
I can't argue with that!
__________________
Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Current projects: JAOM, Cyser, Imperial Stout
Bottled: Nigorizake, Mead, Apfelwein

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #29
Ryan_PA
 
Ryan_PA's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,881
Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts


MD looks like PA poo-ed it out.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #30
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
claphamsa's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
TK PK
Posts: 4,980
Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_PA View Post
MD looks like PA poo-ed it out.
sounds like someone is jealous of our nice southern climate!
__________________
I collect magnetic bottle openers... so if you see something nice......

claphamsa on untappd

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snow Day!!!! KingBrianI General Chit Chat 13 01-21-2009 12:32 AM
Snow Day skeeordye11 General Beer Discussion 16 01-20-2009 09:20 PM
Snow Sux!!!!!!! BrianTheBrewer General Chit Chat 4 01-18-2009 11:05 PM
snow day tbulger Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 10 02-14-2007 10:45 PM


Forum Jump