First my arms got too short... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > First my arms got too short...

Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
SpanishCastleAle

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Central Florida
Liked 36 Times on 36 Posts

...now I have 4 eyeballs. I'm not sure which is worse. I'm told I'll get accustomed to it (these are not progressives). Gettin' old sucks. But hey...at least I can raed again.
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 12-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3754 Times on 3586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishCastleAle View Post
...now I have 4 eyeballs. I'm not sure which is worse. I'm told I'll get accustomed to it (these are not progressives). Gettin' old sucks. But hey...at least I can raed again.
Are you sure?

Yup, it does suck. I consider it a successful day if the noises my body makes every morning last fewer than 30 seconds and I can walk upright within one minute.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3190 Times on 1885 Posts

So you're saying we've been wrong all along and mutation creating pathogens CAN form in our beer? And you grew 4 eyes?

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
Bopper

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
So you're saying we've been wrong all along and mutation creating pathogens CAN form in our beer?
Next time we get an "is my beer ruined" thread, I'm using this quote against you and posting it for the noobs!

Sorry to hear about the glasses, Spanish. I think I'm on my way there soon too. It's getting harder to read street signs from a distance.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
SpanishCastleAle

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Central Florida
Liked 36 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper359 View Post
Next time we get an "is my beer ruined" thread, I'm using this quote against you and posting it for the noobs!

Sorry to hear about the glasses, Spanish. I think I'm on my way there soon too. It's getting harder to read street signs from a distance.
That's a different thing Bopper. That happened in my late 20s. Lights at night become huge blazing stars as well.

What I'm talking about happens to MANY people, often in the mid 40s or so (so it happened to Revvy like 45 years ago...zing!). Basically, things close up get blurry so you have to hold them farther away from your eyes (arms too short). You've prob seen people holding a newspaper/whatever at full arms length to read it. Many people can just use reading glasses but if you already wear glasses like me, you get bifocals (4 eyeballs).
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Bopper

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishCastleAle View Post
That's a different thing Bopper. That happened in my late 20s. Lights at night become huge blazing stars as well.

What I'm talking about happens to MANY people, often in the mid 40s or so (so it happened to Revvy like 45 years ago...zing!). Basically, things close up get blurry so you have to hold them farther away from your eyes (arms too short). You've prob seen people holding a newspaper/whatever at full arms length to read it. Many people can just use reading glasses but if you already wear glasses like me, you get bifocals (4 eyeballs).
That sucks. I'm pretty sure I have that to look forward to as well since I already have reading glasses.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3190 Times on 1885 Posts

Yeah I got it too....though it was only 5 years ago thank you very much.

It took me a year to realize that it wasn't that print had suddenly gotten smaller and everywhere I was trying ot read something was "too dark," or whatever else I told myself.

Now I have 1,000 pairs of "cheaters" everywhere.

But ask some of the MI mashers...It never cease to frustrate me that I always seem to forget them when we are meeting up at our favorite 67 beer on tap microbrew. I end up never being able to see the menu.

I'm this close to getting me some of those "granny chains"

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
East Dundee, Illinois
Liked 53 Times on 48 Posts

QUOTE=Revvy;1746360]Yeah I got it too....though it was only 5 years ago thank you very much.

It took me a year to realize that it wasn't that print had suddenly gotten smaller and everywhere I was trying ot read something was "too dark," or whatever else I told myself.

Now I have 1,000 pairs of "cheaters" everywhere.

But ask some of the MI mashers...It never cease to frustrate me that I always seem to forget them when we are meeting up at our favorite 67 beer on tap microbrew. I end up never being able to see the menu.

I'm this close to getting me some of those "granny chains"

[/QUOTE]

How about starting to carry a monical? I hear they are coming back in style.

Click image for larger version

Name:	monocle.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	13889
Click image for larger version

Name:	monocle-joseph_chamberlain.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	13890[

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 12-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
FireBrewer

Recipes 

May 2007
Fallston, MD
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Old 12-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

I rock the specs. I just got glasses within the last year. I love them. I can see great and I think they look cool.