2009 Christmas present thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer-wise, I'm not getting a lot this year. Probably mostly just cash to go buy more supplies to keep brewing beers, and some cash to finish the bar in the basement. Maybe a new 2-tap tower for the bar, too, along with some more books.

Big gift this year was a snow thrower used to clear out the back patio faster so beer brewing can continue to take place this winter (that and SWMBO says I should use it for the driveway as well...)

the SWMBO decided to exchange appliances and electronics... actually she just wanted a new frig and I wanted a TV. Because of this there won't be any big gifts for the rest of the family.

Don't know what I'm getting yet because SWMBO hasn't told me.

I got SWMBO a $100 gift card to Victoria's, an hour couples massage at the local spa, some aromatherapy tea and bath stuff, some earrings, egyptian cotton sheets for the bed, and a couple coffee and mushroom wall hangings for the apartment (since she really likes both).

REALLY broke the bank doing it though. :(

SWMBO and I aren't getting anything for XMAS cuz last week we upgraded our Travel Trailer:D.. Now, how do I turn it into a Brewery on wheels??

1.jpg

Bought the wife a diamond and ruby ring to match her wedding set....

For myself, I've dropped hints that I want this:

The Exotic Car Experience

We'll see if she gets the hint, since I got hers, and the ring was a lot more than this package would cost.

Cheers

Lucas

3 tap keg set up
refractometer
2 new carboys
banjo burner and 40 qt pot
gift certificates to finally set up my all grain system

all SWMBO gets is a stupid computer....SUCKER!!!!

Bought the wife a diamond and ruby ring to match her wedding set....

For myself, I've dropped hints that I want this:

The Exotic Car Experience

We'll see if she gets the hint, since I got hers, and the ring was a lot more than this package would cost.

Cheers

Lucas
Holy F, those are mostly all my cars I pretend to drive in NFS! If you get this you win!

I'm getting new (to me )truck that just happened to be around xmas but we're not buying each other gifts. We get to watch our 16month old open gifts....and not give a **** about what was in the box he is playing with. :D

Well, I am getting everything I need to start brewing, so far that has turned out to be a whole bunch of stuff, including a 35qt SS pot and a new cabinet to store everything in, I am eyeing a wort chiller now as well, or at least the parts to make one.

Santa is bringing me a refractometer, march pump, One Gallon Aluminum Measure, SSR's and PID.

Santa is very generous this year. I think my parents and girlfriend love me too:D

I'm getting worried. It's 3 days before X'mas and I have not gotten my Barley Crusher yet. :( Bet I don't get my Red Ryder Bolt Action BB Gun either.

We get to watch our 16month old open gifts....and not give a **** about what was in the box he is playing with. :D

I gotta tell ya, that's one of the best gifts ever. Even when they're a few years older it's still fun to see their eyes when you totally surprise them. Enjoy Friday morning IP.

As for me? I'm getting a Ported Better Bottle with the racking valve thingy. Hope it works like I hope it does.

Christmas came a bit early with our 30 gallon Blichmann boil kettle, a combo present from my parents and my husband's parents. A family that brews together stays together. :)

I'm getting a 42" LCD and a TomTom from santa SWMBO. Also, thanks to my two beagles, all our presents got unwrapped and I know everything she got me. And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks :)

Told my mommy to buy me a turkey fryer.

My first equipment. Brewer Starter kit from Midwest. It includes:
-two buckets (primary and bottling)
-5 gal carboy
-bottle capper and caps
-auto siphon
-brushes
-sanitizer
-lots of other good stuff

I'm going to get two recipe kits to begin, an immersion wort chiller, and I ordered a Bayou Classic sp-10 LP burner off of amazon. I need to make the trip to Cabela's to pick up a 7.5 gallon pot for full boils outside for when it gets nice out.

SWMBO and I exchanged our gifts today, we fly out tomorrow to visit my folks in Missouri. She got me a refractometer, 1/2" autosiphon w/ 2 racking canes, a nice digital thermometer (This one), and the book Extreme Brewing. My MIL also got me a pond-pump to use with my IC.

My first equipment. Brewer Starter kit from Midwest. It includes:
-two buckets (primary and bottling)
-5 gal carboy
-bottle capper and caps
-auto siphon
-brushes
-sanitizer
-lots of other good stuff

I'm going to get two recipe kits to begin, an immersion wort chiller, and I ordered a Bayou Classic sp-10 LP burner off of amazon. I need to make the trip to Cabela's to pick up a 7.5 gallon pot for full boils outside for when it gets nice out.

Congrats on the new equipment and welcome to the obsession! My wife got got me my initial setup for Xmas last year and it was the best gift I've ever received.

If you can fit it in your budget, I would HIGHLY recommend getting something bigger than a 7.5 gallon pot for full boils. That will work fine for most extract brews, but as soon as you get the itch to switch to all-grain, and it will happen, you'll want something bigger. I have an 8 gallon kettle and I brew all-grain with that, however I frequently have to split my boil into two kettles (the batch I brewed this past weekend had a preboil volume of 7.9 gallons, which won't work in an 8 gallon kettle).

I already got a Northern Brewer gift certificate. Which I already put towards 3 15gallon blichmanns and a false bottom and a strainer. I also bought myself a brewstand.

Congrats on the new equipment and welcome to the obsession! My wife got got me my initial setup for Xmas last year and it was the best gift I've ever received.

If you can fit it in your budget, I would HIGHLY recommend getting something bigger than a 7.5 gallon pot for full boils. That will work fine for most extract brews, but as soon as you get the itch to switch to all-grain, and it will happen, you'll want something bigger. I have an 8 gallon kettle and I brew all-grain with that, however I frequently have to split my boil into two kettles (the batch I brewed this past weekend had a preboil volume of 7.9 gallons, which won't work in an 8 gallon kettle).

Thanks. Advice noted. I'm sure I will get the itch for all grain, but with the money being spent already, SWMBO is being a pretty good sport. Don't want to ruin it. ;)

Santa this year will be bringing me some freeon for my ferm chamber...It died last week :( I have allready somehow got a early present this year of 5 lbs of misc. hops.

Hmm hopsdirect must have known i wasnt to horrible this year.

Other than that....Cant wait for my next brew to be done right at x-mas :)
So i think 10gal should be enough brew for me to withstand putting up with the inlaws. :mug:

SWMBO and I are saving up for a complete kitchen remodel, so we only got small things, other then that, most of the family is getting me AHBS gift cards, so I will be visiting them quit a bit.

Two 19" 720P LCD TVs for the bar. I got tired of having the place wired for displays but not actually having displays to use.

:D

unfortunately where my keezer is is just a storage basement, not tall enough for me (i'm 6'8), got new couches and was thinking of stealing an old one for down there to start a ghetto drinking area, jealous of you bar makers.

Will you be able to run each on different channels?? 2 boxes??

I ran conduit to each mount point back to my home theater stack and have wiring plates that I can adjust as needed. (little white squares in the picture) Already have a VGA video matrix that can be used with component video so that will help alot.

Planning on having the ability to show whatever is on the big screen in the next room over on either little screen as well as have the ability to do cable on each screen. So, during a PPV fight night I could also have SportsCenter on.

Summertime and baseball is going to be awesome!

2693198082_56660d26ce.jpg

I'm getting 2 10 gallon Stainless pots, I already have the thermometers for them......

Also got a $50 Stone gift card........I've already spent that on glasses and a couple of t-shirts.....

2 6 gallon BB's.....

and hopefully a Food Saver......

Back