Star Wars Fans.....Imperial Stout Trooper - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Star Wars Fans.....Imperial Stout Trooper

Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Lunarpancake

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Monmouth County NJ
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thought this was pretty funny:

http://beernews.org/2009/12/new-engl...-in-two-weeks/

Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Brewing Clamper

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Union City, CA
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

I wonder how much of that price tag is going to Lucas...

4 Ohms Aleworks & Lagers | Twitter | Facebook | Blog |

Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Lunarpancake

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Monmouth County NJ
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well, at least its not "Jedi Juice" or "Gungan Grog"

Old 12-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
DRoyLenz

Recipes 

Jun 2009
Chicago
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

When I heard about this, I tried to figure out where in Brooklyn/New Jersey I could find this beer. My sister and a few friends will be coming in from that area for Christmas, and I was hoping they could bring me a few bottles. After an hour or so of making phone calls (Union City Distribution in Brooklyn was ANYTHING but helpful) I found out that New England Brewing will no longer be distributed to Brooklyn, and they don't have distribution set up in NJ either, so it looks like I'm SOL. I thought this would be a cool collector's bottle.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
Lunarpancake

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Monmouth County NJ
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

If i find anything out ill let you know. I agree it would be a nice bottle to get for my collection and those star wars fans I know.

*EDIT* I just emailed the brew company. Will see what they say about buying direct.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
JohnnyO

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Hamden, CT
Liked 917 Times on 857 Posts

I have an extra bottle of this if anyone is looking to do a swap with me with item(s) I might be looking to try.

Lucasfilms contacted New England Brewing with a Cease and Desist Order, making this year's the last of the Imperial Stout Trooper (collector's item). They will still make the stout in coming years, but the labeling and naming will obviously be different.

PM me if you're interested.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
DRoyLenz

Recipes 

Jun 2009
Chicago
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
I have an extra bottle of this if anyone is looking to do a swap with me with item(s) I might be looking to try.

Lucasfilms contacted New England Brewing with a Cease and Desist Order, making this year's the last of the Imperial Stout Trooper (collector's item). They will still make the stout in coming years, but the labeling and naming will obviously be different.

PM me if you're interested.
PM Sent....