Am I A Lush? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Am I A Lush?
Cool Brewing Corny 5G & Mini Giveaway

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #11
Glibbidy
 
Glibbidy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny Southern Vermont
Posts: 2,367
Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2


Your jusy really thirsty I guess!



 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #12
Ize
...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Ize's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 2,238
Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Who was it that said "I'm not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk."??

The smartest man in the universe...


Ize


__________________
"They who drink beer will think beer"
-Washington Irving

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #13
Desert_Sky
 
Desert_Sky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Posts: 4,063
Liked 52 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Who was it that said "I'm not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk."??

LOL I use that one all the time
__________________
Desert Sky Brewing Co.
Sierra Vista, AZ

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #14
knewshound
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 276

I am a firm believer in the Buffalo Theory;

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When predators approach the herd, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain as a unit can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Cheers,

knewshound
__________________
In Wine there is Wisdom.

In Beer there is Strength.

In Water there is Bacteria.

The knewshounds Blog

Homebrewing 1A

Homebrewing 101

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
NM68657
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 32

Are you really "Hank the Tank" from the movie Old School? You go "Hank the Tank"!
__________________
Bottled: IPA, Irish Stout, Steam, Easy Wheat, American Wheat, Red Ale, Pumpkin Ale, Chocolate Porter

On Deck: Corona Clone, DeckHand Stout

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #16
NM68657
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM68657
Are you really "Hank the Tank" from the movie Old School? You go "Hank the Tank"!


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--George Orwell
__________________
Bottled: IPA, Irish Stout, Steam, Easy Wheat, American Wheat, Red Ale, Pumpkin Ale, Chocolate Porter

On Deck: Corona Clone, DeckHand Stout


 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 PM   #17
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DesertBrew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 5,736
Liked 113 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 245


Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-fish
I brew 2 five gallon batches a week, and I have two kegerators each with two taps, so I have four different beers on tap at all times.

Every friday the guys from work come over to make sure that I have two empty kegs to fill on saturday. (We call it the keg kill party)

I go through ten gallons of beer a week, but I have a lot of help too.
I think your only problem is if the guys from work coming Fri don't come back Sat with ingredients and labor to help make your next 10g. I'd have an issue with that.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #18
Porter fan
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eagle MI
Posts: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewshound
I am a firm believer in the Buffalo Theory;

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When predators approach the herd, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain as a unit can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Cheers,

knewshound

ROTFLMAO!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #19
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
the_bird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Adams, MA
Posts: 20,767
Liked 515 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 119


Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM68657
Are you really "Hank the Tank" from the movie Old School? You go "Hank the Tank"!



"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
Um, did you really just quote yourself there?
__________________
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #20
mmm beer
 
mmm beer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tecumseh, Ontario
Posts: 101

awesome I have some catching up to do. lmao



 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Forum Jump