Originally Posted by TipsyDragon
im probably still early to even be thinking about this but. i brewed my first batch of mead on 2/01/09 so I'm rapidly approaching month 11 of aging. the top half of the brew is clear enough to see through. but the bottom half is still cloudy. i was planning on waiting till the end of this year before bottling. but seeing as I'm only 50% clear I'm having second thoughts. should i just let it sit a few more months and let it clear the rest of the way or add a fining agent?
I'd just wait & let it do it's thing; I mean if the top 1/2 is clear, it's just a matter of time before the bottom 1/2 is clear too. If the lees are over 1" I'd rack it though. You can certainly fine if you want, I just think that time will do the job just fine... No pun intended. Regards, GF.