Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best Beer Bars in America

Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #131
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 252 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncbrewer View Post
I love brickstore in atlanta. You guys that have been there and like it should also check out the porter in little five points. Thirsty monk in asheville is also a lovely place to get drunk
The Porter! I've been trying to remember the name of this spot for awhile. Highly recommended.

Cool bar, great food, great beer list.

I liked all the old luggage they have in the back room.

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #132
wncbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like the Porter as much as Brick store at least. Their food is fantastic and their staff is very knowledgeable. When I was there a couple weeks ago, they had a series of mikkeller single hop beers on tap. It was nice to taste some of the hops that I haven't used before. I cant remember them all but I remember drinking simcoe, citra, columbus, centennial, sorachi ace and cascade. It was awesome. Also brick store is usually standing room only on the weekend, much easier to find a place to sit at the porter

Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #133
upperNY01brewer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Fat Heads in Pittsburgh, Pa.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #134
Timmy
Recipes 

Mahaffys in Baltimore is also a good beer bar. Nice beer club, and they do 3 for $5 happy hours (not full pints, but great way to try a few different beers.) http://www.mahaffeyspub.com/wp/

Old 02-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #135
Grumpybumpy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtopia

I've been driving out to GABF each year since 1995 and have been to the Falling Rock each of the last 10 of those years. It is a great bar and serves as beer central during the week of the festival. Every brewer from every major brewery in the U.S. is at the Falling Rock beginning that Wednesday before festival opening. Chris Black, the owner is extremely knowledgable as is the rest of the staff. They also bring in some amazing beers that week. Many of them brewed specifically for the various events scheduled in conjunction with the festival.

Now a few NW bars worth mention.

The Horsebrass Pub in Portland OR. http://www.horsebrass.com/ Great selection, 5 cask engines and a specialty bottle shop right next door.

Concordia Ale House in Portland OR. No website but here's what Beer Advocate has to say. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11677/

The Beveridge Place Pub in Seattle WA. http://www.beveridgeplacepub.com/ Consistently voted best pub in Washington each year.

The Collins Pub in Seattle WA. http://www.thecollinspub.com/ This is my local. Great attention to the beers and the best food I've had in a pub.
The best thing about beveridge is the game selection. I want to build a skittles table because of it.

Who can forget brouwers in seattle though? 60 beers on tap and a bottle list that takes an hour to read. Hop fest and the barley wine fest are reasons enough for a plane ride

Old 02-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #136
MrNic
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 683 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 78

http://www.themayorofoldtown.com/

Over 100 beers on tap

Old 05-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #137
WildOnions
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

can't believe it took this long for Brick Store to get mentioned. Great place for serious beer drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrific View Post
So I though I would throw this in the mix, might have been mentioned before but...

The Brick Store Pub in Decatur, GA. Probably the best beer bar in the Atlanta area. Now, there are bars that stock more beer (Taco Mac, etc.), but the Brick Store offers more than just beer variety. They cater to the beer loving crowd serving all beer in appropriate glassware, no TVs, no neon, no obnoxious music, and no major domestic beers (not even Sam Adams). They have 2 bars: the main bar (17 rotating drafts and 75 bottles) and the Belgian bar (8 rotating drafts and over 120 bottles).

Here is their current draft list:
BIRRIFICIO CASSISONA
DOGFISH HEAD 90 MINUTE
DRY BLACKTHORN Cider
FRANZISKANER Dunkel Weiss
GUINNESS
HIGHLAND OATMEAL
LAGUNITAS SIRIUS
NORTHCOAST OLD RASPUTIN
REISSDORF
ROGUE "DADDY'S LITTLE HELPER"
SCHNEIDER WEISSE
SWEETWATER IPA
SPATEN Marzen
TERRAPIN INDIA BROWN
VICTORY PRIMA PILS
WEIHENSTEPHANER
DUCHESSE DE BOURGOGNE
GULDEN DRAAK
HOUBLON CHOUFFE DOBBELEN
LA RULLES ESTIVALE
MAREDSOUS 8
SAISON DUPONT
ST.BERNARDUS ABT.12
UNIBROUE BLANCHE DE CHAMBLY

Probably heading their tomorrow night to get a Reissdorf and....who knows what else.