Best Beer Bars in America - Page 13 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best Beer Bars in America

Old 04-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #121
Caboose
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcHokie View Post
Dang, this thread is old!
That it is! I was searching for something and stumbled across it and had to post my favorites!

Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #122
Caboose
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeether View Post
Nashville, TN - The Flying Saucer

I live about an hr north of Nashville, I will definitely be checking this place out! Actually Im surprised I havent heard of it!

Old 04-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #123
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Keller, Texas
Liked 254 Times on 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynnAle View Post
My picks are:

Flying Saucer (Fort Worth Location Only)
Gingerman (dallas not fort worth)
I find the Dallas Gingerman a bit stuffy and cramped. The Fort Worth location is more open, maybe because it is less crowded on the weekends. I agree about the Flying Saucer for sure.

Both chains do pint night but Flying Saucer is way over priced. Gingerman gives out pint night beers at normal price and often they are full pints plus the glass for like $5-6. (At least the one in Fort Worth.)

I also like Old Monk because they bring in some interesting beers neither of the other two chains have.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #124
dfess1
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Flourtown, PA
Liked 99 Times on 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf207 View Post
My 2 Cents

Max's Taphouse - Excellent all around selection located in Fells Point, Baltimore, MD. Also host a Belgian and other great festivals throughout the year.
can't believe I had to get to page 10 before this one was listed. Great place.

Toronado is good, but Monk's is better.

And maybe the Brickskellar was good back when this thread started, but it quickly went down hill before it was sold off. As someone pointed out, you had to get to your 5 choice most times before getting something that actually had in stock.

spearko520 Likes This 
Old 05-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #125
dcHokie

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Washington, DC
Liked 257 Times on 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfess1 View Post
And maybe the Brickskellar was good back when this thread started, but it quickly went down hill before it was sold off. As someone pointed out, you had to get to your 5 choice most times before getting something that actually had in stock.
I'll agree with that assessment of Brickskellar. Sadly they got to the point where the bottle list was rarely updated. And for some of the bottles listed (Thomas Hardy vintages, etc) I suspect they may have only EVER had a few bottles. It was certainly one of the grand old dames of beer bars though.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #126
Schemy

Recipes 

May 2011
Omaha, NE
Liked 101 Times on 71 Posts

Have to throw some pub for this Omaha beer gem. Best in the country, i doubt it, but it is a great place.

www.beercornerusa.com

This place is the Crescent Moon/Max and Joe's/Uber Hause

Crescent: Great anything micro beer bar. Always rotating taps. Very knowledgable people.
Max and Joes: Belgium come to Nebraska. All Belgium beers. Very informed people.
Uber Hause: Germany come to Nebraska. German beer hall in the downstairs. Get your steins out.

All three unde one roof. Plus the beer store (Beertopia) is attached next door. Great group of people. Very informed and passionate about beer.

Schemy

Old 05-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #127
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Asheville, North Carolina
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts

Visited Redlight Redlight in Orlando two weeks ago, and was pretty well impressed. Nice draft selection and great bottle selection. I wish we had a place similar here in Fort Lauderdale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Session IPA | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP510 and strawberries | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP002 and dry hops

Old 09-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #128
RunnerJeff
Recipes 

Aug 2011
Seattle, WA

My vote is for the Latona Pub here in Seattle. I think they have 14 taps that are constantly changing. Beers come from not only the NW but the great breweries from San Diego to Colorado to NY. Great food and a nice cozy environment.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #129
kcpup
Recipes 

Aug 2009
Missouri
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

+1 on Monks Cafe in Philadelphia.
+1 on Gingerman in Houston by Rice. Gotta love my hometown for that place.

I travel frequently to Salt Lake City and would recommend The Beerhive downtown. Great selection. Food used to be outstanding, but when the Austrian restaurant closed next door their food went downhill. Now mainly crummy bar fare. Excellent beer list both on tap and bottles. Super cool bar with a refrigerated strip right on the bar to keep your brew cool. Not all brews benefit from that temperature, but I love that option.

If you ever get Kansas City:
1. Swagger. Neighborhood bar featured on Diners and Dives. Around 35 beers on tap, another 60 or so in bottles. Food is good. A step up in quality from typical bar fare. For a neighborhood bar it is outstanding! Serve in proper glassware as well.
2. Barleys Brewhaus. Suburban location. Nearly 100 on tap. They specialize in tap beers. Food is good.
3. Charley Hoopers. Another neighborhood bar with a respectable tap and bottle selection. Standard but tasty bar fare.
4. Flying Saucer. Service is typically indifferent, food mediocre, overpriced. However, the beer selection cannot be denied. We rarely go there because of the service and generally overpriced and crappy food.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #130
wncbrewer
Recipes 

Feb 2011
sylva, NC
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

I love brickstore in atlanta. You guys that have been there and like it should also check out the porter in little five points. Thirsty monk in asheville is also a lovely place to get drunk