Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bud Light Golden Wheat

Old 12-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #11
apologeticus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I have not tried this. I did try their American Ale.

I mean, technology-wise, AB should be able to consistantly brew an excellent beer. They just have terrible recipes, IMO.

When I heard the description of the American Ale, I figured it sounded good (they even dry hopped it). But, when I got it, I was disappointed. I couldn't give the stuff away either. No one wanted it.
their American Ale is too sweet for me.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #12
Mountainbeers
Recipes 

I don't know why they even bother to put the Bud name on these products. They already own Shock Top. Why not just put in more advertising money for that? Because they think they will get more market share with the Bud name? I don't know about you guys but all my BMC drinking friends only want Bud Light and nothing else "fancy."

On Deck: Apfelwein
Fermenting: Oatmeal Stout
Conditioning:
Drinking:

Old 12-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
BlueSunshine
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainbeers View Post
I don't know why they even bother to put the Bud name on these products. They already own Shock Top. Why not just put in more advertising money for that? Because they think they will get more market share with the Bud name? I don't know about you guys but all my BMC drinking friends only want Bud Light and nothing else "fancy."
Shock Top is another one of their attempts to appeal to people who drink micro brews. However, those "in the know" found out that not only is it bad beer, it's made by Budweiser. Kinda defeats the purpose of marketing themselves as a micro when everyone knows it's not.