Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > North Carolina HomeBrew Forum > GRABASS 1/9 Brewgasm (Cary, NC)

Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 AM   #1
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default GRABASS 1/9 Brewgasm (Cary, NC)

AS LONG AS WE ALL PROMISE NOT TO FLOOD MY LAWN (again)....

We'll be having a group brew session at my place in Cary, NC on Saturday, January 9th.

For all that chose to brew-along, our group goal is to find the most efficient way to get our wort chilled (I'm serious about the lawn flooding thing... it has still never really recovered from the 4-man session in 2007.)

We can at LEAST use a CFC with perhaps an ice-bath pre-chill. A possible zero-waste solution would be to get fancy and pump the sure-to-be-frigid water out of my 55gal rainbarrel and into an IC or CFC instead of using the tap and re-circulate the water back into the barrel.

Anyone got a small non-food-grade sump or utility pump?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
mordantly
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
AS LONG AS WE ALL PROMISE NOT TO FLOOD MY LAWN (again)....

(I'm serious about the lawn flooding thing... it has still never really recovered from the 4-man session in 2007.)?

thats a lot of drinkin and a lot more urinations! imagine how your indoor plumbing would feel passing that river.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Chad

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Mas fina!

I have a 350gpm pond pump that I use to recirculate ice water through my IC. I'll definitely try to make the brew day, but even if I can't you are welcome to borrow the pump.

Chad
www.chadwrites.com

Old 12-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
skeeordye11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

NICE!!! I have a CFC as well if we need another. I have never used it since I just received it through the pay it forward thread. I can always get it cleaned up and tested before the Brewgasm commences. Oh, and count me in on this one. If there is enough interest and brewers, would we be interested in splitting up a sack of 2-row? As long as Walker doesn't mind us using his mill and whatnot. Just a thought, I'm the rookie here.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I have a 350gpm pond pump that I use to recirculate ice water through my IC. I'll definitely try to make the brew day, but even if I can't you are welcome to borrow the pump.
Excellent. Thanks. How much oomph does that pump have? (How high can it lift the water?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeordye11 View Post
NICE!!! I have a CFC as well if we need another. I have never used it since I just received it through the pay it forward thread. I can always get it cleaned up and tested before the Brewgasm commences. Oh, and count me in on this one. If there is enough interest and brewers, would we be interested in splitting up a sack of 2-row? As long as Walker doesn't mind us using his mill and whatnot. Just a thought, I'm the rookie here.
I could go in on a bag of grain. It'll eventually get used. No problem with anyone using my mill. I have been cranking it with my cheap-o cordless drill. One batch of grain just about saps the battery. Anyone can use the mill, but I get dibs on the battery. It's hand-cranking for the others.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #6
skeeordye11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I could go in on a bag of grain. It'll eventually get used. No problem with anyone using my mill. I have been cranking it with my cheap-o cordless drill. One batch of grain just about saps the battery. Anyone can use the mill, but I get dibs on the battery. It's hand-cranking for the others.
Or BYOD (Bring Your Own Drill)

Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
Chad

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Excellent. Thanks. How much oomph does that pump have? (How high can it lift the water?)
If I remember the specs right, it's good for 7' or so with 10' being its shutoff point.

And I hope no one was confused by my typo. That should read 350 gallons per HOUR; GPH not GPM. Although 350GPM would be pretty freaking impressive.
www.chadwrites.com

Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
Barc
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'd like to come up to this. I can bring a drill along! Shoot me some info when you get a minute. Thanks!

Old 12-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #9
Boston

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Shall we orchestrate a group buy beforehand?

Old 12-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #10
Barc
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I can probably bring some grains up with me... Got probably 30 lbs of pale malt and hopefully 50 lbs of pilsner coming soon.