Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Other > porkert universal mill

Old 12-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
DharkMeadBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default porkert universal mill

So in my local surplus and salvage chain (mardens) I came across a Porkert Universal Mill. I purchased it for $20, my question is does anyone else use a Porkert Mill? How have they modified it to make it more suitable for grinding malt, if they modified it at all.

hares a link to my mill. it has a nut near the handle with a spring in it that operates in such a manner that the nut has some measure of tension on it until you unsrew it too far. I'm assuming that its to ajust the jap. I just look forward to hearing about what others have done.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2883 Times on 1701 Posts
Likes Given: 3514

I already answered in the other thread....go here;

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-u...station-90849/

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-07-2009, 03:50 AM   #3
FlyGuy

Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have the Porkert grain mill (not the universal mill) which is a knock-off of a Coronal mill.

I keep thinking about getting a Barley Crusher or other proper mill for brewing, but the damn Porkert works so well it is hard to justify dropping the cash on a new mill.

See also here:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/have...ht=corona+mill

Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
RunBikeBrew
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My last brew with my Corona knock-off gave me 80% efficiency. See the links quoted above for guidance...