Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > 1st and second beer from AHS coffee malt stout AG kit
Old 12-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 1st and second beer from AHS coffee malt stout AG kit

I brewed the AHS coffee malt stout kit yesterday. Hit it with amazing efficiency and ended up higher than the 1.052 the kit claims. I came in around 1.062. My mash tun is a converted keg and when I woke up this morning I started doing clean up. I put my old 3 gallon brew pot underneath of it to drain any remaining wort before I bag the grain up for my buddy's compost heap. well I ended up collecting three full gallons with a gravity of 1.040. So I brought it to boil, reducing it to slightly over to 2 gallons. I then vorluafed that back through the grain bed, collecting 2.5 gallons total. I did a thirty minute boil, with .5 ounce of cascade and added 1lb of DME. chilled, inserted it into my 3 gallon carboy, and pitched a cake of brett I cultured from a bottle of Orval. I figured this would be interesting enough to post. I did however forget to take a gravity post boil/pre pitching. It looks mostly like a porter, but I'm interested to see what an all brett ferment does to it. any feedback?

Nunc Est Bibendum