Why is it...... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Why is it......

Old 12-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
Gustav
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Pennsylvania

I intended this to be more of a "tongue in cheek" type of humor with a little bit of personal observation. Two issues that this addresses is that 1) we live in a very litigious society, and 2) some people have no or little self control.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2195 Times on 768 Posts

On Friday's after lunch we can drink at work. Pretty sweet.

Register Now!

Old 12-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #13
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts

Why would you get more done drinking? Seriously, is it a motivation thing? An inhabitation thing? What?

Old 12-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
masonsjax
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Frederick, MD
Liked 612 Times on 428 Posts

Some people are wired that way, myself included. I have increased focus after a couple of beers. Some people can't think without caffeine, but when I drink coffee I get very distracted. Fortunately I work for a company that not only allows drinking during work hours (not drunkeness), but they actually provide alcohol regularly.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
LeftyGorilla

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Narrowsburg, NY

First job out of college I was in for a week and was still in the training mode and was spending some time with one of the senior partners. Late in the afternoon, we were working with a screen projector and it was getting hot in the room. Seemed like we were developing a good professional rapport, but I was actually very surprised when he offered me a cold beer from the executive fridge. This is, like, 4:30 on a weekday, so I thought for sure he would have one too, and we would just shoot the **** for a half hour and then go home.

Much to my surprise, he went back to his office and I had to return to the cube farm with a full open beer in my hands. Not sure what the company policy was, but my co-workers and immediate supervisor were giving me the stink eye something fierce.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #16
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGorilla View Post
First job out of college I was in for a week and was still in the training mode and was spending some time with one of the senior partners. Late in the afternoon, we were working with a screen projector and it was getting hot in the room. Seemed like we were developing a good professional rapport, but I was actually very surprised when he offered me a cold beer from the executive fridge. This is, like, 4:30 on a weekday, so I thought for sure he would have one too, and we would just shoot the **** for a half hour and then go home.

Much to my surprise, he went back to his office and I had to return to the cube farm with a full open beer in my hands. Not sure what the company policy was, but my co-workers and immediate supervisor were giving me the stink eye something fierce.
Not sure why you left the room with the projector and went back to your cube with a beer in your hand. I would not have done that, probably would have chugged it or got rid of it first.

I have no desire to drink at work. Too early in the day for me and I would rather wait until my workday is done then sit back relax and enjoy. Even on weekends I usually don't have a beer until after 6pm.