Do not delete 2 part episodes of anything - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Do not delete 2 part episodes of anything

Old 12-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Scooterkdavis

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Northern California
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just got done listening to a lecture from swambo about deleting 2 part episodes of anything on a DVR. Last week i was cleaning up the DVR and got rid of the 2 part office where jim and pam get married and a 2 part episode of star trek TNG, where the borg capture picard and some shiit, anyways just wanted to share with you all if your thinking about erasing thoses 4 different episodes of CSI, CSI NY, and CSI Maimi, be careful, you will loose the last two hockey games you recorded this week because you live on the west coast and all the f ing games are on when your at work. and now friday night sucks cause there is no hockey on because I erased a two part episode of law and order.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Domminigan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Wichita, KS
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

This is why I:
1. Don't have a DVR.
2. Don't have TiVo.
3. Don't let people mess with my stuff.
4. Don't watch sports.

My condolences on your lost hockey games.

Oh, and what's with the extra "a" in your SWaMBO? That stand for aLWAYS?

Old 12-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 511 Times on 348 Posts

So, because you erased a couple part 2s, Your SWaMBO did a retaliatory deletion of a couple hockey games?

That sucks

Old 12-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

The office rocks, hockey sucks. I will come to your house and delete everything you ever recorded.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 511 Times on 348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
The office rocks, hockey sucks. I will come to your house and delete everything you ever recorded.

I suppose you TIVO cricket and cheese rolling?

Old 12-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
I suppose you TIVO cricket and cheese rolling?
Cricket sucks hard. It's a lot like baseball in many regards (mostly boredom)

Cheese rolling, however.....Well, it's right up there with welly wanging!

I just did a search on welly wanging. Wikipedia, I fear is sadly misinformed.

"
Wellie wanging, or wellie throwing, is a sport that originated in Britain, most likely in the county of Yorkshire. Competitors are required to hurl a Wellington boot as far as possible within boundary lines, from a standing or running start. A variation requires participants to launch the wellie from the end of their foot as if they were kicking off a pair of shoes.
The World Welly Wanging Championships are held each year during the Summer Gala in the Village of Upperthong in Yorkshire. Welly wanging originated following an incident during which a pint of Tetleys Bitter was accidentally spilt into someone's welly. These are the rules :"

Old 12-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
Domminigan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Wichita, KS
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Oh, man. For a minute there I thought they had crickets that crickets that rolled little cheese balls around. That would be cool!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4852 Times on 3270 Posts

Well, it's just common courtesy to ask before deleting anything that the sig oth might want to watch. Then again, I live in EST zone, so I watch the games live, usually. And, my SWMBO likes hockey too, so no worries.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
Scooterkdavis

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Northern California
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Well, it's just common courtesy to ask before deleting anything that the sig oth might want to watch. Then again, I live in EST zone, so I watch the games live, usually. And, my SWMBO likes hockey too, so no worries.
dont rub it in.......

you guys realize on the west coast we get about 4 games a week; 3 sharks game and some east coast teams plaing at 4pm our time, so when we get home from work at best we see overtime.... CSI or Hockey, there can be only one

Old 12-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4852 Times on 3270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterkdavis View Post
dont rub it in.......

you guys realize on the west coast we get about 4 games a week; 3 sharks game and some east coast teams plaing at 4pm our time, so when we get home from work at best we see overtime.... CSI or Hockey, there can be only one
Holy crap, that's worse than having to stay up until midnight on west coast trips!