HBT members inspired me: My Keezer Project - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > HBT members inspired me: My Keezer Project

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #41
jlandin
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Mel Bch, FL-US
Posts: 181
Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts


I picked up the porcelain tile for the top today. Wow, that stuff is not cheap! But it sure looks good.... installing it tomorrow.





Now, to wire the Love controller..

--
Josh

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #42
Handle
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Monroe, NC
Posts: 268

That tile looks amazing -- you definitely made the right choice over the bottle caps. Nothing against the bottle caps, but that tile just fits the look of your keezer so well.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #43
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 25,863
Liked 6697 Times on 3960 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Handle View Post
That tile looks amazing -- you definitely made the right choice over the bottle caps. Nothing against the bottle caps, but that tile just fits the look of your keezer so well.
Agree. .
__________________
- Andrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #44
Zen_Brew
 
Zen_Brew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Seattle
Posts: 1,865
Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts


Great job! And nice choice on the tile, it looks great with the stain you chose.
__________________
Primary: German Hef, Belgian IPA, Scottish 80, Belgian Dubbel
On Tap: Oatmeal Stout, Vanilla Oatmeal Stout, Belgian Dark Strong, Munich Dunkel, Dunkel Weizen, Oktoberfest, Bock, IPA, Black IPA, English IPA, Pale Ale

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #45
iparks81
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
North Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 567
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


its a thing of beauty... AND BEER COMES OUT OF IT! .....Amazing!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #46
ReeseAllen
 
ReeseAllen's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Seattle
Posts: 368
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


The tile looks really awesome. Are you going to cut pieces to fill the whole top or just use those three big square tiles?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #47
BeerCrazy
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Jacksonville
Posts: 84
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Don't mean to be a dick, but chest freezers are made by having the evaporator coil and condenser coil layered with a peace of foam between them. The condenser coil is on the outside and the surface of the exterior allows the heat to transfer to the ambient air. I'm worried that the wood insulating the exterior will cause excess head pressure and at best cause the freezer not to cool and at worst cause a premature compressor failure. That said, since it is being used as a cooler instead of a freezer you may be OD. Let me know how it goes.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #48
BeerCrazy
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Jacksonville
Posts: 84
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerCrazy View Post
Don't mean to be a dick, but chest freezers are made by having the evaporator coil and condenser coil layered with a peace of foam between them. The condenser coil is on the outside and the surface of the exterior allows the heat to transfer to the ambient air. I'm worried that the wood insulating the exterior will cause excess head pressure and at best cause the freezer not to cool and at worst cause a premature compressor failure. That said, since it is being used as a cooler instead of a freezer you may be OD. Let me know how it goes.
Didn't read about the air gap. How is it performing? I love the idea and am seriously thinking of doing my own.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:06 AM   #49
jlandin
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Mel Bch, FL-US
Posts: 181
Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseAllen View Post
The tile looks really awesome. Are you going to cut pieces to fill the whole top or just use those three big square tiles?
A friend of mine is a tile setter. He's coming by tomorrow to cut and fit each tile. It will all be tight around the coffin, and around the drip tray (which arrives tomorrow too). The tile is also going on top of the coffin. There are seven 18 inch tiles total.

--
Josh

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:08 AM   #50
jlandin
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Mel Bch, FL-US
Posts: 181
Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerCrazy View Post
Didn't read about the air gap. How is it performing? I love the idea and am seriously thinking of doing my own.
Yes the air gap seems to be sufficient on it's own, but I'm putting fans to push the air out of that space whenever the compressor kicks on. It should be more efficient than the factory intended.

--
Josh

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 'Keezer' Project Jester369 Kegerators & Keezers 453 05-29-2015 12:37 AM
Keezer Project elmetal Kegerators & Keezers 3 12-20-2010 12:55 PM
Keezer Project - Add a Collar maxbing Kegerators & Keezers 5 02-17-2009 03:35 PM
Keezer Project v1.0 a W.I.P. TerryWendel Kegerators & Keezers 5 12-14-2008 09:23 PM
My keezer project Mustangfreak Kegerators & Keezers 12 12-14-2008 09:43 AM


Forum Jump