Ok. I just called it a night after working on the keezer off-and-on today.
First I drilled the mounting holes for the LED lights and sanded the entire keezer with some fine sandpaper to smooth out the hard corners, etc. Then some wood putty here and there, and again some fine sanding.
Then I stained it:
Then I soldered all of the LED wiring together. I ended up doing 5 bright white 3.3V LEDs wired in 2 parallel legs (one with 3 LEDs in series and the other with 2 LEDs in series).
Once wired, I installed them through the inside of the coffin. These are upside-down L-shaped holes, so the LEDs are fed in the back and down through the underside of the trim on the top-front of the coffin. The 4 taps will be below and between the 5 lights:
The LEDs are then pushed into the chrome LED holders and then mounted on the underside of the trim above (and behind) where the taps will be (when my shanks come in):
They really look cool, especially glinting off of a perlick when I hold one in place. :-) This picture just doesn't do it justice:
Anyway, that was it for today. Tomorrow, probably at least the first 1 or 2 coats of poly on the whole thing. I really need to figure out what to do about the top. I'll probably take a run to the local tile store and see what I can find.
More updates to come as progress is made... hoping to get it finished soon!