Winter Seasonal Beer Jolly Roger Christmas Ale - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Winter Seasonal Beer Jolly Roger Christmas Ale

Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #21
troyh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

I took this to a local homebrew fest and others agreed it was a clone of Jolly Roger.

I finally got to compare to the real Jolly Roger before killing the keg. It's very close, mine was more hoppy. Even after a month since dry-hopping it, it's got a nice strong aroma. Next time I'll cut all (boil and dry) the hops a little and I bet its a perfect clone. I'll make this every year!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #22
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun
Liked 329 Times on 325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyh View Post
I took this to a local homebrew fest and others agreed it was a clone of Jolly Roger.

I finally got to compare to the real Jolly Roger before killing the keg. It's very close, mine was more hoppy. Even after a month since dry-hopping it, it's got a nice strong aroma. Next time I'll cut all (boil and dry) the hops a little and I bet its a perfect clone. I'll make this every year!
That is great to hear, thanks for sharing. I never had a chance to put this side by side but in my mind, I knew it would be more hoppy but that was intended for me at least. I wonder if they even dry hop it, probably not 7 years ago but I bet they do now.

Anyways, thanks for sharing, glad you like it. I spent quite a bit of time researching this one and the brewery was not very nice about sharing any info, I was just guessing based on taste descriptions and the style (19A).