So how many of you are im a alcoholics? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > So how many of you are im a alcoholics?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
flyingdogwine
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
san antonio
Posts: 63
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts



Just wanted to know, considering the fact your life revolves around alcohol, how many of you have a problem with it?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Boerderij_Kabouter
 
Boerderij_Kabouter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,750
Liked 147 Times on 119 Posts


Are you asking how many of us are alcoholics? As in, you want an AA roll call???

I think you will find almost no alcoholics here. At least not any that would be proud enough to say anything. Every once in a while a member will have a problem, and stop the hobby to deal with it. That situation is far and few between.

Most people here, like beer for the craft and hobby sake of it. Not to get plowed. That is much better done with a cheap bottle of vodka and a country song.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
SFBEER
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 161

No problem with it. I do it because I enjoy brewing. I have a garden because I like growing the things I eat not because I want to over eat.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Posts: 37,061
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdogwine View Post
life revolves around alcohol
What the hell are you talking about? Our lives revolve around alcohol? It is a hobby that many of us really enjoy but to say that our lives revolve around it is total bull****.



i know the sign says not to feed the trolls but I just can't help it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
dunnright00
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
San Diego
Posts: 1,457
Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBEER View Post
No problem with it. I do it because I enjoy brewing. I have a garden because I like growing the things I eat not because I want to over eat.
I like that analogy!
__________________
Caspean Ales and Cider

“There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says, ‘Good People Drink Good Beer.’ Which is true, then as it is now. Just look around you in a public barroom and you will quickly see: Bad People Drink Bad Beer. Think about it.”
-- Hunter S. Thompson,

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Fingers's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Posts: 4,216
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
That is much better done with a cheap bottle of vodka and a country song.

Ick. The cheap vodka I can take, but... country music?
__________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Fingers's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Posts: 4,216
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdogwine View Post
Just wanted to know, considering the fact your life revolves around alcohol, how many of you have a problem with it?

My life revolves around trying to get laid. Alcohol is just for the failed attempts.

Seriously though, why would you say that our lives revolve around alcohol? I have other hobbies too, and my life certainly doesn't revolve around any of them either.
__________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
Boerderij_Kabouter
 
Boerderij_Kabouter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,750
Liked 147 Times on 119 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Ick. The cheap vodka I can take, but... country music?
If you are going to get desperate with the worst beverage on the planet, you might as well go all the way and listen to some awful music.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Posts: 37,061
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
Boerderij_Kabouter
 
Boerderij_Kabouter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,750
Liked 147 Times on 119 Posts


To answer the OP. My world literally revolves around alcohol. If I am near an alcoholic beverage, my sense of gravity becomes askew and I start orbiting the alcohol like a satellite. Then eventually I crash into the booze and transform into a drunken raging Hobo, complete with worn out shoes, and a bindle sack.

Orthobrewsky Likes This 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump