My God Weddings Are A Pain!!! - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > My God Weddings Are A Pain!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #21

Hey Gnomie, at least it didn't involve your ******* FIL and a shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
My wife and I put on some non-scruffy clothes and stood in front of the mayor for ten minutes. Being forced to marry within a short time scale by the gubermint kinda sucks any romance out of the occasion.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #22
firerat
F-You I'm Drunk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Liked 362 Times on 222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
My wife and I were married and honeymooned at Sandals for this very reason.
I tried and tried to sell it but it wasn't happening. LOL

My mom got married there a few years ago and it was the same deal. $5,000 for a full week.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts

I don't know, man...there's got to be something wrong with her if her parents are willing to spend that much $$$ to get rid of her...just kidding.

Congrats....RDWHAHB!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3519 Times on 3330 Posts

If I ever had a (god forbid) 2nd wedding I could see the resort no family thing. But neither of us would want a wedding without family there. I do understand this depends solely on the family in question. Congrats again to the OP.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #25
firerat
F-You I'm Drunk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Liked 362 Times on 222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
If I ever had a (god forbid) 2nd wedding I could see the resort no family thing. But neither of us would want a wedding without family there. I do understand this depends solely on the family in question. Congrats again to the OP.
Yeah, for me it's easy. I only have 6 survivng members of my family. It would be easy to get them over to Jamaica with us. Not too expensive.

But for her, well thats a whole different story. Her mom has 3 brothers and 2 sisters, and her father has 4 brothers and 1 sister. And she is close with ALL OF THEM!!!

If I was footing this bill, then it's tropical drinks in the island sun. But her folks want to pay, so bring everyone you want.

One thing we all agreed on was no kids. Otherwise it would be a clusterf*ck given the amount of little-uns on her side. Thank goodness!!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #26
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

My favorite wedding happened at a party. It didn't start out as a wedding, but the couple was there, the minister was there, the license was done (including the mandatory STD testing, this was a while ago). The minister asked Paul if he had gotten the paperwork done, Paul said, yeah. Connie decided then was good, vows were said, and the party continued after throwing the lucky couple in the pool.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #27
malkore

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Nebraska
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts

threads like this make me happy we simply flew to Vegas with our sets of parents, had a nice chapel wedding, limo ride, dinner at a 5-star restaurant in the Luxor, then caught Penn & Teller over at the Rio.

flew home 5 days later and had a reception with some tastee catering.

we had a great time and spent less than many brides spend on their damned dress.
Bottled: MOAM, Braggot, Raspberry Melomel, Merlot, Apfelwein, Pyment, Sweet mead, Cabernet
Gal in 2009: 27, Gal in 2010: 34, Gal in 2011: 13, Gal in 2012: 10