Bubbly Pink-Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazedowl

Reaction score
Recipe Type: Fruit-Wine Yeast: Redstar Montrachet Yeast Starter: NO Batch Size (Gallons): 5 Original Gravity: NA :( Final Gravity: NA :( Boiling Time (Minutes): Heated not boiled Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 14d @ ~70F Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 70d @ ~70F

~~Ingredients~~
10# Regular Cane Sugar
5 Containers AJ Concentrate
3 Containers Cranberry Concentrate
1pkt Redstar Montrachet Yeast
3tsp Energizer
2 Crushed Campden Tablets
Water to 6 Gallons

~~Prep~~
1) Dissolved sugar in 3-4 Gallons of H2O with one campden tablet
2) Thawed and dissolved concentrate in 1 gallon of H2O with remaining Campden Tablet.
3) Combined both solutions and brought to 80F-90F
4) Started yeast in mason jar of combined solution at ~85.
5) Pitched yeast, juice and sugar solution into brewbucket and added water to bring to 6 gal

~~Primary~~
Sat in an Ale Pail on my kitchen counter for two weeks. Regular room temp 70F-75F

~Secondary~~
Used blue plastic water jug (the type found at lowes etc). Already had a debate in another thread about oxygen permeability, and yeast settling but it ended up not being any problem (at least that I could taste or see).

Added one more cranberry concentrate to the secondary prior to racking in from the primary. Sat in slightly cooler area of the house for 70 days at about 65F-70F

~~Bottling~~
NOTE: Seems I may have bottled too soon and my bottles are rather carbed. If you fear for bottle bombs wait a little longer to bottle. But the sparkling nature of the wine makes it WAY better and more fun.

Bottled into 24 regular 750ml wine bottles.

~~Notes & Comments~~
- VERY bubbly after a few weeks.
- TOTALLY out-shined my pies at thanksgiving. People were taking bottles home and asking when I was making more.
- SURPRISINGLY strong, I've found I get a bit head-achy the next day when I drink this and beer in the same night, but otherwise never bothers me at all.

~~Moral of the story~~
Cheap. Yummy. Enjoyed by all.

Back