Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Another, HELP ME WITH MY CHRISTMAS LIST thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
HalfPint
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Another, HELP ME WITH MY CHRISTMAS LIST thread

Ok, I know I never get tired of seeing these types of threads, so I hope you don't either. It's always fun shopping for brewing equipment even if it's not mine!

We drew names yesterday and there is a $200 max per person, so I want to make the most of it. I already got a 20% off banjo burner, so I'm down to about $110 or so.

Here are the things I want. Help me decide.

1) BargainFittings.com Weldless brass ball valve assembly for my keggle ($19.00)

2) http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=284 Perlick 525 SS X2 of those for my kegerator. Not something I really need, but would be some nice bling!

3) A grain mill from somewhere I don't really know where from, but it may be nice to have. Of course it would have to be in my price range.

4) A AustinHomebrewSupply.com Giftcard for the entire amount of around ($100)

5) http://www.stirstarters.com/ a stirplate from there. ($42.00) I tend to use a lot of dry yeast, so this is not high on my list.

6) An auto-siphon $20?)

I really can't think of anything else I need if that's actually possible in brewing lol.

Thanks,
J

Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
GoldMiner
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'd go with 1 & 5 and a gift card with 4 for the remainder.

Stirplate opens you up to try more yeasts out , more beer styles, and it's just plain fun to watch it spin.

Don't really need 3 if you let 4 mill the grains for you.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
HalfPint
Recipes 

That's a good way to look at it. I actually kinda want an auto-siphon as well, so I guess I could add that onto the list.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
Jersh
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Do you have a good thermometer? A nice instant-read digital thermometer is tops on my list this year (not a cheapo, a nice one that can be calibrated)...

Old 11-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #5
mordantly
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

you know what i'm asking for for christmas? my freedom. but the judge isn't as nice as i would like.

i recommend 425ss perlicks. i like mine. plus you can get a bottle filler to screw in.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
HalfPint
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersh View Post
Do you have a good thermometer? A nice instant-read digital thermometer is tops on my list this year (not a cheapo, a nice one that can be calibrated)...
Like a thermapen?

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/...thermapen.html

That might be cool!

I use a turkey style probe thermometer. I've had no problems with it. I calibrate it every so often and it seems to work good. Man, this is really making me think though!

I may ask for one of these. I currently use a pitcher and a funnel to get my cooled wort into the fermenter and that's fast and easy. This thermometer will last me a long time I imagine and I will never have to question if it's right or not!