Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Bulk grains and shipping

Old 11-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
acarlon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bulk grains and shipping

I am in the early stages of my home brew adventure and after my recent purchase of a refrigerator for the sole purpose of storing brewing ingredients I decided that it was time to stock up and by in bulk. I want to by 50-55lb bags of grain and various hops by the pounds.

I first looked at the prices at my local home brew store and found that it would not be reasonable to pay double the price. After a lot online searching I found reasonable hops pricing (including shipping), and great grain prices, but was stopped in my tracks when I saw shipping prices. I live in Atlanta, and considering that the locations of all of these vendors are across the country, UPS was trying to shake my wallet dry (shipping on $50 55lbs of grain on average was about $40).

Does anyone have any suggestions, of how or where I could by bulk grains and not double the price on shipping? (I could not find any local places in Atlanta that sell bulk).

Thanks!!

Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Clayton
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 19

yes you will have to order "bulk" you can have around 1000 lbs shipped on a pallet for 100 bucks or so maybe even less.

read this http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/bulk...-price-137224/

anf do you self a favor ,in your contoll panle set the post per page to max then that thread is only 4 pages long and you can scroll pass the BS and see the good stuff

Old 11-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
acarlon
Recipes 

Good call on the display, Clayton. I'll check out the link...