Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > HELP: Need a recipie

Old 11-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
aholloway17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default HELP: Need a recipie

Hi,

You will note that I am brand spanking new to home brewing and after getting off to somewhat of a questionsable start I am told I'm doing fine. So, with that in mind (like most things I like) I am ready to really get started.

So, with the first batch fermenting away I wan to plan the next batch which brings the question of what to brew. I really like Belgian and nut brown style ale and would like to brew something of a cross between the two. Somewhere between a La Chouffe or Chimay (red lable) and a New Castle only with a slightly nuttier and swetter flavor.

So am I nuts or is this possible?

Thanks,

Old 11-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 133 Posts

Can't help you on an exact recipe, but Belgian Browns do exist. Since 90% of what makes a Belgian is the yeast and Browns are mostly about malts, you might consider fermenting a Southern English brown with a Belgian yeast.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk