When I've had doubts about the viability of the yeast, I've just added a little bit of dry yeast.
I boiled my priming solution, and cooled it, then added about 1/4 package of nottingham yeast and poured it into my bottling bucket. I had it sit a minute, and it got a little foamy, and then racked the beer into it. It worked out great, and I had good carbonation along with clear beer.
You could drag your racking cane through a bit, and that would work too. I was just worried about some trub and some yeast that may have autolyzed, so I added fresh.
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006