(for my own record keeping)
The second batch of this was tweaked a little.
I lowered the base grain by 1 pound, but added 0.5 lb of Victory to try and get a little toasty/nutty taste in it and upped the overall amount of crystal by 4 oz.
I could taste the patent in the first batch, which I didn't really want, so I removed it the second time and used a darker crystal for the color.
Grain Bill for batch 2:
- 9.00 lb 2-Row
- 1.00 lb Crystal 40L
- 0.50 lb CaraPils
- 0.50 lb Victory
Everything else was the same.
Oh... and my efficiency was a little higher this time and I boiled a little more off than before. OG was 1.061 on the 2nd batch.